1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Sorry, i didnt list that as i thought that was an obvious one, but if not then it is now, so cheers for that cavmad. My gut feeling is that when push comes to shove, no one will want to drive a car that doesnt belong to them for fear of having to sort out any issues such as damage, unforseen problems (that cost money) & sorting out insurance & tax....

But we shall see, does the forum want to buy her for everyone's general use?????
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I'd love to borrow it Mulley for a few weeks over the winter. I love the GTi 8v and i'm wanting the rev happy power of a petrol engine again.

BUT and its a big BUT. I dont want the liability of having to repair it if it goes wrong in a big way.

Take Tim Leech's Xantia for example. Now Tim being the trusting type has left me in the possession of his car keys on a large number of occasions now. (Sorry for using you as an example Tim, hope you dont mind)

I had access to his Xantia for a good few months but never touched it fearing if it broke it'd be my responsibility. In the event Tim took it out and it broke in a rather big way.

Who's responsibility would it have been if i was driving?
Over and out from me
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Yes, thats always the problem, does someone want to take the risk. Perhaps before borrowing it you give it a good mechanical lookover to make sure there isnt anything obvious thats likely to go wrong.

You can have a look over the paperwork to see what work has been done & then decide if you fancy borrowing her....

Since i have owned the car its never broken down & has revved upto the red line ok, i tend to drive my cars reasonably hard which i think is always a test of reliability. I guess if anything went bang, then hopefully some kind souls from the club would be able to fix her...

So, what do you think?

Its currently on SORN & no tax....