Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh

Anything about BXs
meep
Confirmed BX'er

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh

Post by meep »

Due to take my trusty TZD for it's MoT tomorrow...

Made sure all the lights work, new front number plate 'cos the old one was cracked, new wipers.

And tonight the drivers' side mirror has been knocked off while it was parked :evil:

That's an MoT failure isn't it?

Anyway, the glass is still in one piece, and I think I can bodge it on with some wood & gaffa tape :shock:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Fraid so mate :cry:
As long as it's secure and provides rearward viewing ability it should be ok.

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Theres always plenty on ebay.
meep
Confirmed BX'er

Post by meep »

Slightly happier now - just bought a brand new one on eBay for £13.99 including First Class Post :)

I'll still have to bodge up the old one, as I want to get in tomorrow morning.

Hopefully there won't be any surprises, but then I'll be able to deal with them over the weekend as the old MoT runs out next Monday...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Take the receipt with your from ebay and wave it at the tester if he says anything! :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Or arrive wearing balaclava and carrying a shotgun, accepted in all major MOT stations!! :lol:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

docchevron1472 wrote:Or arrive wearing balaclava and carrying a shotgun, accepted in all major MOT stations!! :lol:

Cheers
Chris G

Do it round here and all you`ll get is...`Bloody hell Vanny, what do you want this time-you emptied the safe last week!`
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

"Do it round here and all you`ll get is...`Bloody hell Vanny, what do you want this time-you emptied the safe last week!`[/quote]

The joys of being a scouser! :D
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I thought the rule was " 2 rearward facing mirrors" :?
They think it's all over, it is now!
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I was just about to say...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/citroen-bx-o-s-ma ... dZViewItem

But you already got one....I don't suppose the kind person who knowcked your door mirror kindly left a note offering cash or insurance details...What? Not even a mobile number!!! You do surprise me :twisted: i hate it when people do that...only a few months ago some t*at left a rather large dent in my front n/s door...not a happy bunny was I.

Anyway, good luck with MOT - I have mine in about a week too.....
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
meep
Confirmed BX'er

Post by meep »

That one looks a little bit cheaper, but the one I found was Buy It Now, so I'll have it before that auction finishes :) I've even got positive feedback already 8)

I'm right in the middle of London, which is why I run a tatty car so I'm not too worried about knocks.

Nope, of course there were no details left! It's the second time, first time it was just the glass, and of course I'd forgotten to fold it in :oops:

Anyway, the old one is ready for the MoT, courtesy of a bit of wood, four cable ties and some gaffa tape. :shock:
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Seems to be an ever increasing problem, coming back to your motor only to find some form of damage, mine was a dent in my mini, i was furious, if i could find that fuxxer i would have run them over (ok i am being dramatic) but i would sorted them out somehow.....

I guess the main reason is that car insurance is so expensive, people just dont want any claim made against them, so they do a runner instead, its cheaper & u r unlikely to get caught....

I was even sat in my parked car when some prat clipped my wing mirror & didnt even stop. I saw he was stuck in traffic, jumped out of car & caught him up, got him to wind down his window & let him know that i was in the car he had just clipped, all he could say in a very arrogant way was "its not damaged is it", i was seriously thinking of dragging him out of his car.... i just told him that he was a wxxxxr & i walked off....
probably a company car so he wasnt bothered, made my blood boil...

thats enough about me, anyone else?
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

I had the same to the wife's car but with different result, this guy reversed into the front of it with nobody about, broke the number plate, left a bit of his car's paint on bumper and bonett, plus a two inch scratch.

But this guy was a one in a million as he left his mobile number and his details, I was so appreciative of his honesty that when I phoned him later that day I told him just to pay me £30 to cover plate, t-cut & polish and touch up paint, he came back the following day with £60 and a box of chocalates! He was more upset than us about the whole thing!
RED 1993 TZD Turbo EST. 182,661miles
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

If only there were a few more like him, the world with be a better & happier place, glad you got sorted ok.
Bxaholic
BXpert

Re: Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh

Post by Bxaholic »

meep wrote:
And tonight the drivers' side mirror has been knocked off while it was parked :shock:
The problem i've got with BX mirrors is that a horse in the front field here keeps chewing the passenger side mirror, he doesn't touch the driver side nor any other car the t*at! :(
RED 1993 TZD Turbo EST. 182,661miles
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....