BX night"club"bers

Anything about BXs
tim leech

BX night"club"bers

Post by tim leech »

What a wonderful club this is!, after 12 montsh of membership I have not only met some great guys, bought and sold 10 (yes 10) bxs and learned a heck of alot more about them and how to obtain parts and try and fail to fix them myself. As you all know the best day so far is being reunied with my beloved 16v in april!, again thanks to the Bxclub .

On friday night Mr Fearn, Mr Favell (tim2cv) a good few of his 2cvs bods and my good self will be out on the razz in sunny derby in true club style trying (and failing) to drink it dry, no doubt this will include dancing like your dad (tim for sure, me if im pi**ed enough :oops: ) and staggering into a kebab house at some ungodly hour on the joureny home and end up wearing it all down my new expensive shirt bought especially for the occasion, then of course the obligitary chatting to the taxi driver on the way home about complete rubbish (how long you been on and has it been busy tonight etc etc!)

None of these chaps, who are now good mates aswell as fellow enthusiasts I would have met, along with Owen (where is he?) if it wasnt for the Club, and all the for free

Good init!

Long may it continue! :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Here, here. I`m looking forward to a night on the razz with as many of the gang as we can muster next year. In fact I`ve just remembered Vanny has suggested a night in December (next month) up in scouse land and I believe we may have a celebrity guest in the form of Bristol`s finest son.
Now that promises to be aa hoot if I can persuade them not to visit any poncey `real ale` pubs :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Have got a new outfit specially too Tim!

You've never been on a night out with me and Tim2cv.... Be warned, foul language, lots of rude comments to the ladies and general stupidity is guarenteed.... You'll love it!
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sounds ilke being at work!

Ian you havent been on a night out with me either! :D :wink:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote:Sounds ilke being at work!
I know, I know, I'm very sorry Tim, I just couldn't resist!!! :D , it's the voices in my head!!! :wink:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote:I believe we may have a celebrity guest in the form of Bristol`s finest son.
Didn't know old Isambard himself was coming! :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Chris G

Footnote, again, I'm very sorry Tim, it's all harmless fun matey. I'm the spawn of the Devil and he makes me do it! :wink:

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

:roll:
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Isambard was born in Portsmouth - where his dad set up a block making factory for the Navy (pulley to you and me) - and his reward was one years savings - £20,000 or so!

Only made his mark in Bristol after he'd built a railway to get there on!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I shall not make any insiduous comments about Hampshire as Britain`s finest son was born there.
1964 was a wonderful year for cack-handed BX owners :lol:

Chris, I don`t know about Isambard but it maybe a case of `Heisbard` if you come on the p*ss with me mate :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

cavmad wrote: Chris, I don`t know about Isambard but it maybe a case of `Heisbard` if you come on the p*ss with me mate :lol:
:shock: More a case of p*ss to us real ale drinkers. :wink: :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Where`s the tumbleweed gone? I meant `He-is-barred`, lost in translation I suppose 8) :lol: .
I shall though be drinking larger of course, none of that real ale sh*te for me as I don`t have a beard, wear sandals, hug trees or fraternise with vegetarion lesbien librarians :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Lights blue touch paper and stands back :D
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

cavmad wrote:.
I shall though be drinking larger of course, none of that real ale sh*te for me as I don`t have a beard, wear sandals, hug trees or fraternise with vegetarion lesbien librarians :lol: :lol: :lol:
On Rebellion brewery nights (Drink as much as you like for £8 + take the glass home) havent really seen the sandal wearing bearded types, maybe they've moved to the wine bars? Don't need the trees either as we've got inside privvies darn sarf! :lol:

Tell us more about your experiences with vegetarion lesbien librarians 'cos that sounds like a thread in itself. :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Not much to say really mate, they didn`t like meat so I didn`t hang about :D
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

8)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

jeremy wrote:Isambard was born in Portsmouth
Only made his mark in Bristol after he'd built a railway to get there on!
All true mate, but we kinda adopted him (and vice versa), lets face it, the first iron ship is right here, his bridge is here (ok, he snuffed it before it was finished but :roll: ), and we have a fetching statue of the great man in town!

Not forgetting Temple Meads railway station and as you say, the railway that, er, well, attaches to it!

Bl**dy great bloke! Wherever he originated from initially!

Well Billy, I drink Ale, am a vegetarian, and I'm a lesbian so........ (well, ok, I was a lesbian, now I'm a misogynist!)... but I dont hug trees, although I more often than not have a bit of beard going on since I cant be ar$ed to shave....

Should still be a good night out though, specially with the promise of Mrs. Cavmad attending!!! Wos it worth to keep quiet matey!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Cheers
Chris G