WANTED BX 1.9TD Scotland area

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
philglasgow

WANTED BX 1.9TD Scotland area

Post by philglasgow »

hi

I know its a long shot but im looking to buy preferably a silver or metallic blue bx( yeah im not fussy lol) in good running order can anyone help please?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hi Phil and welcome to the club, Citroen officially never mae a BX with a 19TD engine althought it can be done, you can have a 1.9 D non turbo 72bhp or a 1.7 (1769cc) turbo diesel with 90bhp which is probably the one you want.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

He might be looking for one thats already been converted.

The first comment is why? The second is good luck!

But if its just regular TD's you're after, theres always one on eBay these days.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Your not a diesel fan are you kitch! Lol a td bx will do 250000 miles if looked after and average 50mpg and are just as quick as any non performance BX model.
philglasgow

Post by philglasgow »

thanks for the replys guys, yes a 1.7 td in good nick with some toys is what im looking for , but there dont seem to be too many in my neck of the woods.

cheers

Phil
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

tim leech wrote:Your not a diesel fan are you kitch! Lol a td bx will do 250000 miles if looked after and average 50mpg and are just as quick as any non performance BX model.
That maybe Tim, but my point was more as to why you'd want to find a 1.9TD over the standard 1.8TD, seeing as there isn't that much to gain. :wink:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

ebay is your best place or is "bx spotting" on this lovely website, be prepared to travel for the right car. TZD turbos arent that rare so get the best one you can with history, you will really struggle to find one with under 100000 miles on it but dont let that put you as there good for 250k if looked after properly.

Suprisingly cheap and aside from clucthes and headgaskets not hard to work im told!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Wasn`t there a metallic blue TZD in Glasgow recently on eBay? It may have been Edinborough (sp) to be fair, but possibly worth a look to see if it`s still for sale?
Vauxhall apologist.
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

I think the blue one was in Edinburgh, and was a GTI. I've not seen a decent BX TZD within 100 miles of Glasgow in the last 5 years, so it might be a long search.... :cry:
I NEED a BX TD.
philglasgow

Post by philglasgow »

hi

theres a metallic green 1 on ebay at the moment does it belong to anyone in here?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi - and welcome! - the TXD auto you refer to looks in good condition I think. But what caught my eye was the fact that the auto gear selector is 'RHD' - that is, the P,R,N,D,3,2,1 panel is on the driver's side. I didn't think Citroen had bothered to change it on the BX from the continental version - certainly I've never seen that - and I've driven several auto BXs.

Get the speedo/counter fixed, and change the alloys for OE ones and you'll be looking at a nice BX I believe. I don't know, but is the instrument binacle/dials correct anyway? I looks like a GTi one. (Please correct me if I'm wrong - I've never sat in a diesel/TXD - yet :wink: )
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip chidlow wrote:Hi - and welcome! - the TXD auto you refer to looks in good condition I think. But what caught my eye was the fact that the auto gear selector is 'RHD' - that is, the P,R,N,D,3,2,1 panel is on the driver's side. I didn't think Citroen had bothered to change it on the BX from the continental version - certainly I've never seen that - and I've driven several auto BXs.
D'you know i think I will do that to mine as a project as the plastic is symmetrical about the slot! It only means you have to turn the legend plate around and the letters within that + the light and hey presto we have anglisised the frog! :D French Vino assists these decisions tonight drunk
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

RichardW wrote:I think the blue one was in Edinburgh, and was a GTI. I've not seen a decent BX TZD within 100 miles of Glasgow in the last 5 years, so it might be a long search.... :cry:
Apologies, you`re right of course it was a GTi. Phil, one will turn up soon I`m sure and it`s a buyer`s market at this time of year.
Vauxhall apologist.