Moving on from a BX

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi

These were the Jap equivalent of the Lancia Integrale I believe. Powerful and sought-after (obviously!)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

jeremy wrote:Glancing idly through Autotrader on the net I was staggered at the enormous prices being asked for Nissan Pulsar GTi - seems there is even a 4 x 4. Does anyone know what is special about them?

I'm talking about £4000 or more for K or L reg with highish mileages. (over 50,000 - so nothing remarkable or 'nearly new')

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/ca ... n_pr=3000&
The Sunny/Pulsar GTi was nothing special 150bhp 2.0 16v n/a with FWD. The sunny was sold in the UK, the Pulsar in Japan and USA etc.

The GTi-R however, was a 225bhp 4wd turbo variant of this, with a big bonnet vent. £3k is average money now, although people do demand more if its been tuned, which most have.
They're not all that great either. They look pants, the 4wd system is as strong as cheese (not in smell either) and many have been lowered, which cains the diff.
On the plus side, 5.5secs to 60mph and easy to get more power. No my cuppa tea really, but the Max Power readers aspire to them.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Someone gave me a ride in one a few years ago, complete with turbo blow off sound effects, it did push me back into the seat alright but theres not a lot of space in there, hardly a BX replacement.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I'm running my 4x4 camper everyday at the moment as the BX has a dodgy starter motor. I'd replace it but the weather is AWFUL
Over and out from me
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I'd say a modern BX is the C4 personally.

jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Yes Kitch - its got a wierd dash - interesting engines but steel springs!
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Good point, but in the 80's I'd class the BX's suspension as an advancement over conventional types, whereas now the conventional stuff is arguably better for everyday use, so its still at the front of the pack like the BX was back then.

Looks different, without being mad. Weird dash too, like PRM was. Cheap to buy, good diesels and dodgey electrics....its the BX through and through :lol:

No good sports version though, so no 16v replacements yet :lol:

Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

Kitch wrote:
Looks different, without being mad. Weird dash too, like PRM was. Cheap to buy, good diesels and dodgey electrics....its the BX through and through :lol:

:lol:
Imo the C4 coupe is ugliest Citroen ever made, the other C4 is ok albeit nothing different to a Focus {in appearance}
RED 1993 TZD Turbo EST. 182,661miles
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Arctic Steel has a C4 hdi which he rates, I do think the 3 door is daring but a bit ugly.

The C6 on the othe hand is lurvly!
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

Funnily enough I think the 3 door looks ok from the side, it just looks odd when driving behind it.
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

tim leech wrote: The C6 on the othe hand is lurvly!

Am I right in saying the V6 in it is a Ford V6? It does look nice, but inevitably will struggle in sales against the German cars.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

The so called 'Ford' V6 diesel is actually a Peugeot engine. What will be interesting is to see if the C6 gets the planned V8 version which is scheduled for Range Rovers and presumably Jaguars - and may be Ford's first attempt to change American buying habits by the use of technology.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Artic`s Citroen is probably the only new one they make that I like. However despite the fact I can`t afford one anyhow, I wouldn`t buy a new Peugot or Citroen on principle wrt the way they`ve shafted their British workforce.
Vauxhall apologist.
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

jeremy wrote:The so called 'Ford' V6 diesel is actually a Peugeot engine.
The V6 petrol engine in them I thought was Ford, wasn't aware Ford had anything to do with the diesel C6. Apparently the new Mondeo coming out next year will also have the same diesel lump as the C6.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

The V6 was some sort of joint arrangement between Ford & Citroen and is the same lump thats in the Discovery and I think Jags.

Didn't know about a V8 Jeremy...is that a diesel V8? Cool!!

On the C4 - I like the Coupe - think its great. A couple of the Mums doing the school run have em', a VTR and a VTS. The VTS has a baby walker type rear spoiler which looks cr*p but overall the car looks brill. The 'other' one (5 door??) does look very much like a Focus and is alot more bland. As for the C6, I want to love it, I really do but I'm not convinced and think its on the ugly side. Personally, when considering the BX, Xantia and XM, even the Xsara ,the facelift versions always seem alot better looking, so maybe a facelift C6 will appeal to me. I would of course have a C6 over any other car of its size but I wouldn't pay that amount of money for any car. I'm concerned it will be a flop - Citroens (esp ones with green blood) have a fairly loyal customer base but not a huge one. As much as I hate the usual suspects in the same sector, most people outside of the loyalty 'club' are unlikely to be swayed. Even if you put 'trend' and reputation to one side, the residuals are going to be one of the worst (i.e.like XM) so how will they 'attract' more custom??

did they actually make money on the XM?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue