CCC@Stratford upon Avon

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

You clealy haven't tried 'Bishop's Crack' or 'Nuns Beaver' mate....
There are ALOT of an*l Ale drinkers mate don't get me wrong. I went to the Cardiff Beer festival a couple of years ago and the 'Ale Master' was not too different from your stereotype: Over 50, had one of those ceramic tankards c/w lid (presumably to keep the temp at exactly 12.3486578 Celcius), he had some kind of knee length trousers (not too dissimilar to the Morris Dancer type deely) and of course the obligatory CAMRA tie..

So you'll be pleasantly surprised by the age and attire of us youthful ale drinkers who actually like to have taste and character in their drink, as opposed to a soulless chemical solvent thats jusfull of gas - much like the girlies who drink the stuff! I bet you like M people as well! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see fights breaking out in the boozer!!! We need to talk anyway about your distaste of the 16v and apparent affinity for GM Vauxhall type boxes on 4 wheels. drunk blah

So, you are coming then dude??
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Right that`s it: I`m going to arrive in the Cally (with a boot full of Tennant`s Extra) , run rings round you lot in your 16V`s, get pissed and play M people CDs all night and day.
Actually, all of that without the M people bit. I`d rather listen to the amplified sounds of a road drill whilst some pushes red hot needles into my nipples than listen to M People.
Has anyone got one of those clay pigeon shooting devices by the way? We could liven things up a bit by loading it with M People, Dire Straits, The Beatles, Catatonia (caterwarl more like :evil: ) and sixties music CD`s and blast the whole b*st*rd lot of them out of the sky.
First prize a ride in a proper car (Vauxhall) and the knowledge you`ve been lucky enough to sample what motoring is really about. :D :D :D
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Is there a typographical error in your post Cavmad? - In the last line shouldn't is really be 'Used to be'?

I still have nightmares of being a passenger in in an Astra GTE (thing with a digital dash) being driven by a guy who fancied himself as a rally driver - on a cold night (you could see frost on the road) when he thought he would show us this thing would do 130 on the M27. Ok it was clear but it was apparent why he was not successful as a rally driver when he insisted on keeping this speed up on a bend and instead of going into the corner in the outside lane and sweeping into the inside to maximise the radius he went to the outside and jerked it round!

I suppose credit to the Astra that I'm still alive - but I'm an even worse passeneger to this day!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I meant (Calibras) in comparison to BX 16V`s Jeremy. I kind of figure if I annoy enough of our 16V posse that they`ll all be itching to race me when I get there. Then I`ll turn up in a diesel BX instead to save embarrassing them and they`ll be so grateful they`ll buy me a pint :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote: I`d rather listen to the amplified sounds of a road drill whilst someone pushes red hot needles into my nipples than listen to M People.
Now theres a thought!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll buy you a pint anyway Billy! Feel free to arrive in the Cally though, I always thought the ar$e end of my valver is the most attractive bit and you'll get to admire it as it leaves your Vaux for dead!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm only 26 but have been drinking Ale for some 10 years (Er, I mean 8 years officer!) but then I was born middle aged, although I dont hug tree's and the only Morris dancing I've ever done was hopping up and down in front of a Minor when the top hose blew and showered me in boiling coolant! :x

I have extremley varied taste in music but M people always got on my t!ts. Heather Small's voice sounds like a grit blaster. :wink:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I shall happily buy you a pint in return mate. You must have had a few today if you think a 16V is going to be in front of me :lol:
I`ll also buy Mr Bandit a pint as he suffers from the same afflictions (16V ownership) as your goodself.
Please note though that I will consider legal action if any of the parts which fall off your cars damage mine as I overtake you :lol:

Now, time for me to stop digging I think before a bit of banter turns into an ugly lynch mob coming after me. You`re half way there already and I don`t want to be lynched :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothings ever fallen off my car yet.....

Although you're probably right Billy, my car would die laughing at the site of an overweight Luton rustbucket trying to keep up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all honesty, joking aside, My mate in works got a "tuned" redtop and it goes rather well. We've had the odd "friendly" round the ring road. There aint alot in it in a straight line but the BX wins round corners.

Either way, like you say, there's no paty with the keeper of the site goat so it'll be great to have you there!!
Especially if we can find some baking trays and stairs! :wink:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ah, the winter olympics. It`s been a while but I`m prepared to risk life and limb and being barred!
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

I`d rather listen to the amplified sounds of a road drill whilst some pushes red hot needles into my nipples than listen to M People.
I'll do the amplified road drill if you do the Nips Doc!!! :shock:

That sounds like a sound set of clays Goaty Goat...would you mind awfully kind Sir if I added some further high quality clays for the shoot?
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

No problem Bandit, as long as you list what you`d call target practise. If your musical tastes match mine your in, if not, well, a suitable punishment will be meted out.
I`ll have Vanny and BB as my minders so don`t even think about stepping out of line :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Right Sir, here are my suggestions:

Craig Geometric Beard David who made luv on Sunday to a babe with a boodiful boddeh :x I WILL KILL HIM WITH AN ORBITAL SANDER IF I EVER MEET HIM
James Blunt
Mariah Carey
Celine Dion
Blur
Any Garage whatsoever
Suga Babes
All Spice
Pussy Cat Dolls
Any band with nu world spelling like boyz, wiv, da, groove,
Madonna
Razorlight
Streets
MandM
Gomez
Muse
Lemarr

There are others mate but I'm feeling a little sick. I think 10% of the above are just sh1t or boring and should generally be banned, the remaining 90% I despise and would actively seek out and impose a slow and painful death were it not illegal....If any one has any of the above CDs,please bring them along to Startford for the weekend.

Do you approve Goat or am I to be summoned by you and your 2 chronies??? :lol:
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Musically I couldn`t disagree with any of them, with the notable exception of The Streets.
Aesthetically I`d love to, erm, `get jiggy` with nearly all the females (especially the Sugababes :P ) but yep, their records mostly stink so that`s fine. Anyway you deserve total exhoneration for your wonderfully worded comments about Craig `Music To Kill Yourself To` David.
Vanny, Dean, we can forget about the white noise torture tape for now.
Please be warned though Mr Bandit, one slip of your guard, however slight, even the slightest of slight whispered comment about how you secretly like sixties music or possess/sang along to anything at all by The Beatles or INXS and we`ll be down on you like an ounce of something not very heavy.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

BX Bandit wrote:Right Sir, here are my suggestions:

Craig Geometric Beard David who made luv on Sunday to a babe with a boodiful boddeh :x I WILL KILL HIM WITH AN ORBITAL SANDER IF I EVER MEET HIM
James Blunt
Mariah Carey
Celine Dion
Blur
Any Garage whatsoever
Suga Babes
All Spice
Pussy Cat Dolls
Any band with nu world spelling like boyz, wiv, da, groove,
Madonna
Razorlight
Streets
MandM
Gomez
Muse
Lemarr

There are others mate but I'm feeling a little sick. I think 10% of the above are just sh1t or boring and should generally be banned, the remaining 90% I despise and would actively seek out and impose a slow and painful death were it not illegal....If any one has any of the above CDs,please bring them along to Startford for the weekend.

Do you approve Goat or am I to be summoned by you and your 2 chronies??? :lol:
Nowt wrong with Blur, they were good in their day. And Muse?!! :shock: What are you on? They're one of the best bands we've produced in the last few years :!:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Love Love Me do
You Know I Love...

Oh Hi Goat! Get Jiggy with the babes..yes..... even Madonna, but not Carey/Dion/That 'Grit Blaster (thanks Doc!)/All Spice except Baby....

Streets...when they/he first came out I was quite accepting, but alas I find it far too samey and he's a bit of a whingey bloke...they were in the 10% group to be fair..

INXS no ta
Beatles.....how can I put this with out incurring the wrath of the north.....I erm don't mind them..I have NEVER bought a Beatles record but was given one by a mate who is er a fan. I'm thinking of areas in the Venn diagram where there are bands I like...and you don't

I was going to list some but it may have to wait a few months for drunken discussion......... :lol:

I'll give you one......

Led Zep

Kitch me old China, I honestly hear your point, but if I dislike the leadsinger of a band, then for me they straight in the ruddy bin. Damon Albran I simply hated...I especially hate that Big House In The Country Bolx...however, I do think Gorrilaz is a cracking outfit (which contradicts my hating of bands with nu language...so I should of put in some kind of convenient get-out clause...but anyway)

Muse is and always has been a big hate, again 100% on not liking the lead blokey singer and basically because they came out when Radiohead (big fan me - yes I know he's a whingey tw*t too but he has talent!!) had not long released Kid A and I was convinced Muse bloke just wanted to sound like Thom Yorke and so was in the sh1te bin...
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Mariah Carey is a stupid, air headed bint. I never really liked her but when she made those comments about Ethiopians it turned from dislike to out-and-out hatred.
Led Zep? Don`t dislike them, never really bothered with them mate, though my oldest brother loved them and went to see them at least once, Knebworth I think.
Then again the jammy b*st*rd saw The Sex Pistols one night when they had to call themselves a different name as they couldn`t get a gig anywhere.
Vauxhall apologist.