CCC@Stratford upon Avon

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Unless they let kids into the local bars at night of course?
You make it sound like we're off to town centre dude....it's one pub (maybe another one if it they take the boards down....ahem! :oops: )
and I suspect the best you'll get is a pint of tepid Castlemaine and grab-a-granny. Not that I wish to put you off or anything....Chances are tho that they will let kids in but they may learn some new words.... :shock:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I shall `she-who-likes-to-thinkI-obey-her-even-though-I-do-but-don`t-like-to-admit-it` and see if she`s working that weekend just as soon as a) I`m feeling brave enough and b) I find a nano-second to get a word in edgeways.
Now where`s the tumblewe...oh, there it is.... ----^
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

[quote]The Holy Bible is one of the greatest albums of all time

This statement made me dig this album out, haven't heard it for ages, yeh it is an extraordinary piece of work, how can inner pain sound so good?, the sound of a man picking at scabs
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

You deep deep man, get you..me..and Docco together and we'll be a right bundle o'laughs :lol:
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

artic-steel wrote:
The Holy Bible is one of the greatest albums of all time

This statement made me dig this album out, haven't heard it for ages, yeh it is an extraordinary piece of work, how can inner pain sound so good?, the sound of a man picking at scabs

WTF? ----^

Inner pain? The sound of a man picking at scabs? Sounds like the trails and tribulations of owning a 16V followed closely by Bandit sorting the bodywork out every other day?
C`mon Bandit, how DO you get the rust out of your fingernails? :D
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

There's nowt rust in a Bx'er mate, just scabs from trying to repair the b&gger!!! :mrgreen:
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BX Bandit wrote:There's nowt rust in a Bx'er mate, just scabs from trying to repair the b&gger!!! :mrgreen:
Brings back painful memories of when I `mended` my 1.7 n/a BX. When I say `mend` I`d gone to change the fuel filter and managed to puncture the canister, rip off one or two LHM pipes and lose the last 0.5mm of skin I had on my hand.
Oh, how I didn`t laugh :cry:
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Brings back painful memories of when I `mended` my 1.7 n/a BX. When I say `mend` I`d gone to change the fuel filter and managed to puncture the canister, rip off one or two LHM pipes and lose the last 0.5mm of skin I had on my hand.
Oh, how I didn`t laugh
Doh! Are you sure you didn't use a hammer dude....? Citroens don't like 'em!!!
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Stuff and nonsene me old china, every car needs the hammer treatment from time to time :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

You feel like finely adjusting the timing on my td pump then dude (I need a whince emoticon here) :?:
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BX Bandit wrote:You feel like finely adjusting the timing on my td pump then dude (I need a whince emoticon here) :?:
Ah, I feel that`s where we have a break down of communication and understanding my southern friend.
I don`t `do` fine or adjusting, I do bodging (my recovery truck`s exhaust is now mended with tin foil and duck tape) and hammering and precious little else!
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

cavmad wrote:
BX Bandit wrote:You feel like finely adjusting the timing on my td pump then dude (I need a whince emoticon here) :?:
Ah, I feel that`s where we have a break down of communication and understanding my southern friend.
I don`t `do` fine or adjusting, I do bodging (my recovery truck`s exhaust is now mended with tin foil and duck tape) and hammering and precious little else!
The Cavmad toolkit:

Selection of assorted LARGE hammers

Thick tape

Anything the missus wont miss from the kitchen :lol: :lol:

Sorry Billy, couldnt resist matey! :wink:
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Have you put a webcam in my house mate? You honestly couldn`t be closer to the truth if you tried. Some genuine examples from the past:

Mrs Cavmad: Where`s my torch?
Me: Don`t know, I expect the kids have had it.
Truth: I`d sawn it in half and user the body of it to `repair` a Maestro tailpipe.

Mrs Cavmad: Where`s all the `J` cloths?
Me: Oh, the kids spilled their pop and I had to clean it up.
Truth: I shoved them inside a Transit seat which I used her tape to cover with before it went to the auction.

Mrs Cavmad: Where`s my wire wool pan scourers?
Me: What pan scourers?
Truth: They were inside the leading edge of a Fiesta Mk1 bonnet because I couldn`t afford fibreglass and had just enough filler to skim over pan scourers.

Mrs Cavmad: Where`s my `Steps` CD?
Me: Don`t know, but I wouldn`t listen to it if you paid me.
Truth: Blue-tacked to the windscreen of my Transit in a feeble attempt to ward off evil speed cameras.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote:
artic-steel wrote:
The Holy Bible is one of the greatest albums of all time

WTF? ----^

Inner pain? The sound of a man picking at scabs? Sounds like the trails and tribulations of owning a 16V followed closely by Bandit sorting the bodywork out every other day?
C`mon Bandit, how DO you get the rust out of your fingernails? :D
What you need to understand here is that "The Holy Bible" was a testiment of mental illness wrapped up in minimal stripped down music.
Once you've seperated the lyrics that Nicky wrote you're left with Richie's beautifully self diagnosed prognosis of his own mental health issues. The whole album was a pre-cursor of Richie disappearing.
Ironically, when Richie vanished all the papers listed the lyrics from "this is yesterday", stating it was his letter of intent, they all missed the fact that all the lyrics to that song were penned by Nicky..... :roll:

Anyhow, nowt to do with cars but i felt a manics history lesson was required. "Everything must go" the 10th anniversary edition is out now! 10 years! I'm getting old, seems like yesterday I was first mesmorised by "A design for life"....

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

cavmad wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Have you put a webcam in my house mate? You honestly couldn`t be closer to the truth if you tried. Some genuine examples from the past:

Mrs Cavmad: Where`s my torch?
Me: Don`t know, I expect the kids have had it.
Truth: I`d sawn it in half and user the body of it to `repair` a Maestro tailpipe.

Mrs Cavmad: Where`s all the `J` cloths?
Me: Oh, the kids spilled their pop and I had to clean it up.
Truth: I shoved them inside a Transit seat which I used her tape to cover with before it went to the auction.

Mrs Cavmad: Where`s my wire wool pan scourers?
Me: What pan scourers?
Truth: They were inside the leading edge of a Fiesta Mk1 bonnet because I couldn`t afford fibreglass and had just enough filler to skim over pan scourers.

Mrs Cavmad: Where`s my `Steps` CD?
Me: Don`t know, but I wouldn`t listen to it if you paid me.
Truth: Blue-tacked to the windscreen of my Transit in a feeble attempt to ward off evil speed cameras.
Genious. Nothing else :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)