Valve Cover Breather Hose

BX Tech talk
roscoe
BXpert

Valve Cover Breather Hose

Post by roscoe »

Does anyone know if you can get the rubber oil vapour hose that goes from the valve cover breather to the oil filler pipe on a turbo 1.7 TZD? Mine is totally shot at the top end where it connects to the valve cover outlet, of course is a different size at each end, and is so brittle that even being wrapped in gaffer tape, it still leaks oil everywhere. Tried a couple of dealers here with the part number from Citroen-pr (1192-49) but they don't recognize it at all - likely because the diesels weren't brought into Australia.
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Is the Peugeot one the same? That might be a chance if it is.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

I beleive the pug 405 diesel is the same?
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

good news that i found out today, the pipe on the 1.9td Xantia is the same! I know you cant get them for the BX anymore, but i put money on the Xantia one still being purchasable!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I'm sure its the same as the N/A ZX 1.9D - so all this tubing is standard to Citroen Diesels. I'm surprised if they say its not available for the BX if the same part (or even similar) is available for the later cars as normally the manufacturer would use some form of common number or cross referencing simply to reduce shelf space and transport costs.

So probably a Peugeot as well.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I bought one for a Xantia TD about a month ago, thought it looked the same.
They think it's all over, it is now!
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

jeremy wrote:I'm sure its the same as the N/A ZX 1.9D - so all this tubing is standard to Citroen Diesels. I'm surprised if they say its not available for the BX if the same part (or even similar) is available for the later cars as normally the manufacturer would use some form of common number or cross referencing simply to reduce shelf space and transport costs.

So probably a Peugeot as well.
Possibly they have no cross reference to it as diesel BXs were never imported into Australia.
As a side note, I remember a guy from NZ a few years back telling the story about going to a dealership to buy a water pump for a BX. The dealership catered for Cits and Pugs. He spoke to the Citroen guy and asked for the pump but was told they had none in stock but the parts guy pointed to another parts guy about 10 feet away and suggested he ask him if they had one off a Peugeo that might fit. He wouldn't do it because he didn't know Pug parts. :roll:
The customer walked around the corner in the parts dept and asked the other guy who looked it up on his list and proceeded to quote a price $100 less than the Cit guy.
When questioned he was told they were seperate entities and Pug parts were cheaper than Citroen parts...........that's the kind of mentality we have to put up with out here.
Incidentally, yes I did say $100 cheaper and from memory it was still about $235 although I think in recent times and since the popularity of buying parts online, a few of these types have come back to the field.:twisted: :twisted:

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

Thanks for the info folks - Dave B. is seeing if he can get one in the UK, if not I'll go back to the local dealer who sells both Pugs and Cits and see if he can find one for either the Xantia or a Pug diesel.
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter