Series two phase one BX GTi (manual) for sale ...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Series two phase one BX GTi (manual) for sale ...

Post by cavmad »

Series two phase one BX GTi (8 valve) for sale...

(Pictures to follow)

122,000 miles, MOT`d until 23 June 2007. Tax expired but will tax at cost. First registered 01.06.1989 (`F` registration). Mostly in very clean & original condition with the rare dark blue trim and standard non tinted rear lights. Just has boot floor welded, two new rear exhaust sections and new plugs (all work done by a garage). I also have a new distributor cap and rotor arm to go with. I don`t think they`re needed at present but they are included, new battery recently fitted.
Extensive service history, a lot of which was done by a Citroen main dealer.
I`ve replaced the rear bumper as the old one had been cut away to have a towbar fitted which has since gone. I sprayed it myself and whilst it does have a couple of runs it looks 100% better.
Must be quite a rare car now and deserves a good home. I even have the standard original wheel trims to go with the car.
Generally a nice looking car which whilst not perfect is still a decent example and should suit an enthusiast.
Known faults include: rear bumper paint (as mentioned above), heater control dial snapped (now there`s a suprise!), I`ve managed to dent the n/s/r wheel arch cover though this should be easily fixable and I`ll try and sort this myself.
There`s some marks to the body/paint but it`s still far above average for a car of this age. One or two cigarette burn to front seats, again not too bad and probably repairable.
Plus points are it starts on the button, new parts mentioned above, seems to drive ok and it should make a nice, useable rare car for someone.
I`ll probably have some spares to include if they`re still about (couple of front wings in same colour for example).
Please note the wheels in the picture are NOT included but available by seperate negotiaion if wanted, standard wheels will be fitted to car along with original wheel trims.
There`s sure to be something I`ve forgotten so please ask if you want to know anything else and I`ll edit this post if/when I remember anything else.
More than happy if you want someone to inspect the car and report back to you privately with a run down on it, I`ve nothing to hide.
Offers circa £375, please. Will end up on eBay if no interested parties but would rather a club member buy it.
Might consider something cheaper in part ex: car/van/bike/scooter/why?
Last edited by cavmad on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Nice wheels Billy, they suit the car really well. If I had the space, money etc for another car I'd have it, alas, I dont!
I'm sure you wont have any trouble selling it though mate, good luck.

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Doc, it used to belong to Artic Steel from this very forum and I think possibly Philip Chidlow knew a former owner of it too.
Be a nice car for someone, not perfect but pretty good order.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

It was Phil chidlows old car matey once,
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Heater control unit now replaced though dial doesn`t turn so will want cable looking at.

*Thanks Vanny!
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I can say that this car flew. It had a great engine. Good luck with the sale, Billy.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Philip, it`s a nice car for the age and if I didn`t have the Frontender and need a diesel estate I`d happily keep it. However looks like eBay beckons...
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BUMP! Save it from the bay of madness!
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Although some may see this as madness, I will suggest it would make a good trackday/road car. Sensitively stripped out interior, and some Citroen transfers would look the part. And with some decent rubber and spheres in good order (as I guess they are still) and it'd be a hoot. In a sort of mild hooligan way.

Just a thought. :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`d be a right laugh actually Philip, good thinking! If I could afford to I`d take it to Oulton Park (not far from here) next time they do one of those `drive your own` type days. I was going to do it in the Calibra if I got the chance, that would have been a hoot.
However I can`t justify keeping the GTi and I have some plans for the Frontender for larking about in.
Still need a replacement everyday car, really want a BX diesel estate.
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

When i owned it i had similar ideas, i posted as such on here to a mixed response.
I still think it is a great idea she has a stomping engine & i was very reluctant to sell but the usual lack of space was her undoing.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

This location looks suspiciously like the Novelty Rock Emporium.

Whatever happened to that :wink:
They think it's all over, it is now!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Is the GTi still for sale, Billy?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sure is Philip, pm returned :wink: :lol: