Charity fund raiser.

Anything about BXs
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I like the Macmillan cancer people, they helped me once, also animal charities, I have my two new rescue cats here keeping me company thanks to cat rescue.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

A Skills List would be an excellent idea, and it might also incorporate a "donation guide" to specific jobs?
But I also think that our techno-experts should also be personally awarded "Goat Points".
Gareth
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Goat points???But But :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Question is then, when and where? Half of us live in southampton and the rest all over the country. Im not the furthest north but its a long drive from here to the south, perhaps we could have a joint event the weekend before th camping meet, northern and southern, then a big get together the week after?
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Agreed Macmillan is an extremely worth cause.

They helped my grandad before he died and they're currently helping my better half's uncle who has been told theres nothing they can do but they're trying to equip his family with the skills so he can spend the rest of his time at home.
Over and out from me
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

This is such a great idea on many levels....with regard to choice of charity...I really don't mind which charity the cash goes to although cancer charities strike a chord if you know what I mean :(

Any hoo, there is little to do at the camping meeting in Stratford (except I think sphere hurling) but we could invent Citroen Cricket (sphere as ball, Doc's shovel as bat, 3 front struts as wickets and some glow plugs for bails!!!)So a fettling weekend c/w charidee donations and copius amounts of ale could well be a go-er unless it pees down in which case we need some huge tents and a few gazeebos.

I'll be popping up to Lincoln around Feb time so that could be an excuse to get a gathering of people......I'm sure Oily can put us all up!!! :shock: :lol:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Some great ideas here, i'm up for it, not sure what skills i can bring, i'll tackle most jobs but i'm bloody slow & need constant help from haynes manuals & you lot on the tech forum.

Parts, i have plenty to donate

My choice of charity would be the Anthony Nolan bone marrow trust.

Lets keep up the good ideas & good work & see how much we can raise in 2007.

Fire the starting pistol Ken
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Some really good ideas coming through :D I think the choice of charity is immaterial and everyone will have a prefered choice.

So long as the funds are raised, large or small it doesn't matter.

Any ideas on how we can keep a track on the funds raised by the club over the year?

Perhaps a thread for this purpose only :?:
They think it's all over, it is now!
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

How about a conscience box were you donate a small amount everytime you buy something off e-bay you don't really need?
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Meetings North and South then?

Let's wait until the weather turns better, early March perhaps? That'll give us time to sort out venues. Undercover sounds like a good idea!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

artic-steel wrote:How about a conscience box were you donate a small amount everytime you buy something off e-bay you don't really need?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Thats one big box I'll need then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

North and South sounds like a good idea.

It maybe an idea to do any work on anyones car at their home in case something is uncovered or found that can't be repaired there and then. At least the car wouldn't be stranded then.

Naturally this would depend on the nature of the work being undertaken.
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Plenty of room here `out the back`, access to elastictrickery (if it`s not raining), small compressor, truck with with very strong winch and ramps and some basic-ish tools plus the added advantage of a kettle and a grille! I`ll also quite possibly have access to a unit by then about 8 miles from here.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Now your talking billy, as that gives us access to a whole world of posibilities! THe unit billy is talking about is right next to my uncles work place which is an ex foundry and now a fabrication place which means a wealth of angle grinders and gas axes! Someone could bring a Ford for demolition as well then :D
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Vanny wrote:Someone could bring a Ford for demolition as well then :D
I'm sure Billy will have some old nail to destroy in a Jeremy Clarkson style way!

Hasnt he got a Frontera kicking about somewhere???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Over and out from me