Alarms n security...

Anything about BXs
reanimation
BXpert

Alarms n security...

Post by reanimation »

Hi all,

Pondering alarms and stuff, I have thatcham 3 wheel lock but its not ideal for those prepared...

anyway, can i ask you to carefully reveal what security would be good for a 16v (or any BX)?

will an alarm or cat 2 immobiliser make difference to insurance cost in a city?
those cat 1 toads are affordable ish these days...

has your car been attacked? what do i need to look out for?

Peace :)
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

Hi, I prefer this http://magicar.com/eng/product/01.htm
It's not so expensive and it has a few great fnc ;-)
It costs about 180eur
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

looks like an interesting gadget.

welcome btw, how does co.uk site differ from cz by the way?
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

I've left the car unlocked on several occasions, and famously once left the keys in the door in the shopping outlet car park.

So I reckon that the mere fact that it's a BX is security enough.

WElcome to the site Darja - spread the word in CZ, maybe we'll all drive over one day.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

+Once watched a chap with a new EFi Maestro set his alarm, carefully lock the car and then put his own wheel clamp on it! I'm sure he could have left the keys in that and still found it there on his return.

Now if only I'd had a spare padlock for his wheel clamp. . . .
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

When we traveled to France at BX meeting, we have left our second BX opened for 5 days :D :lol: And nothing hapened :lol:
BX are not thief's objects but I like this alarm, specially for distance start :twisted: that's great thing (especially in winter :twisted: )

We tried to open an old BX with ice cream stick.. and it's possible, so alarm is useful thing sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

reanimation wrote:lwelcome btw, how does co.uk site differ from cz by the way?
In which way particular???? :)
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

look at it like this: old car + body kit + single wiper conversion :P :P + shiney badges may get scallies interested :lol: , surprised it hasnt got an alarm tbh.

my imobiliser may be enough for a bit...

what exactly is that gadget btw darja? an alarm with other switches. looks fun. dont know about you bit we have deterents approved by 'thatcham' this is meant to be counted on insurance premiums but i dont think it is unless its highly modified, a confirmed hot hatch, or is worth thousands and thousands!

---------

for my off topic question, from what i see here at .co.uk we have a bunch of real fanatics with a good 'all for one' active enthusiasm, just look how they save the 16vs from ebay and help each other, some real 'die hard' enthusiasm and a blend of wit. just wondering what the cz community is like.
Last edited by reanimation on Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

reanimation wrote: for my off topic question, from what i see here at .co.uk we have a bunch of real fanatics with a good 'all for one' active enthusiasm, just look how they save the 16vs from ebay and help each other, some real 'die hard' enthusiasm and a blend of wit. just wondering what the cz community is like.
Hm.... I don't know what to think about this :roll:
It looks like you will insult cz community, but maybe I can't understand to your strange style of speech. I am not accustomed to this style of talking :-) So I am sorry, for don't understanding :-)

Our BXclub is great bunch of people, who loves BX. I can send you some pics of unique BX :-) But I don't know if you are interested in (some czech improving :lol: :lol: :lol: )
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

NO! :shock:

Just wondering, this club is different to some other car model UK clubs! I'm expecting yours is the same :)
be really cool for us to convoy over from here to meet your club in the future could be fun.

And dont worry your english is ace, my foreign languages are embarssingly basic. its not you only my nearest and dearest truly understand me! :oops: :D :lol:
Last edited by reanimation on Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Mines locked and immobilised in my garage with a immobilised deadlocked and alarmed Xantia less than a foot from the garage door so I doubt they will get it!
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

reanimation wrote:NO! :shock:

Just wondering, this club is different to some other car model UK clubs! I'm expecting yours is the same :)

And dont worry your english is ace, my foreign languages are embarssingly basic. its not you only my nearest and dearest truly understand me! :oops: :D :lol:
I was working in american company... You're speaking really diferent like yankees :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean the style of speech :lol:
First think I said to my boss was "talk to me, like you're talking to a kid" :-D Sounds funny, but the conversation is more easily :twisted:

In the main meaning, clubs are same :-)
:arrow: crazy people, who put money into old car (in fact they can buy C5)
:arrow: helping in every time, every situation (we have list of "helper's with phone numbers and address and when you car brokes f.e. near city Chrudim, you check the list and found someone, who lives there, call him for help)

But BX are old cars, old and cheep... In 2000 it was better than now... many people are using BX like cheep wreck :-(
Just a few maniacs are taking bigger care, keeping in in good shape... :-)

aaand this is Mira's BX

then we have one 16v for sprints ;-) The guy is tunning it and he's now at 175 HP, but he's continuing...
http://www.bxclub.cz/graphics/dynamic/91256_12.JPG
http://www.bxclub.cz/graphics/dynamic/91256_4.jpg

and I have also sometnhing special :twisted:

and that's not all... but just a few people are such crazy as me and my friends :lol: :lol: :lol:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sounds just like BX club then! :D
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Yes Darja. You have it right. We are all mad and love our old wrecks (We call them "bangers" here).
We all help each other and we have small meetings because we are only a very young club.
In UK, people throw old cars away because they are afraid that other people think that they are poor.
BXs are often thrown away because they are not easy to work on. We like that!
It sounds like our clubs are similar. Please send your club our best wishes.
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

tom wrote:Yes Darja. You have it right. We are all mad and love our old wrecks (We call them "bangers" here).
We all help each other and we have small meetings because we are only a very young club.
In UK, people throw old cars away because they are afraid that other people think that they are poor.
BXs are often thrown away because they are not easy to work on. We like that!
It sounds like our clubs are similar. Please send your club our best wishes.
Jop, this is in CZ too... But I think my car is beautiful (little bit less than C6 :twisted: ) when I saw BX for the first time, I fell in love... And I don't careif someone has any problem, that I am driving an old car.
And because I love it, I have alarm on it.. with pager ;-) And I am ready to beat everyone, who will damage it!
Last month I put battery out (because of cold weather, and bx is not "in use" now-so alarm wasn't working) and some sucker stole my winker! It costs 7 EUR and he stole it! crazy world....