Bits wanted, in particular wheel centre caps...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
djoptix
BXpert

Bits wanted, in particular wheel centre caps...

Post by djoptix »

I'm looking for the following, beer tokens available...

* centre caps for wheels, preferably phase 2 type (with chevrons) but will settle for phase 1 (plain); (the 16v guys tell me the type with chevrons in the middle are non standard and they've never heard of them - so look after the ones I sold you Mr Barnsley... :lol: )

* the 2 plastic clips to hold the parcel shelf onto the rear seat

* trim strips for rear phase 1 bumper (please!), or instructions on where I can find the above... main stealer?

* HP pump, possibly

* as long as we're dreaming, an SM for under £100 please

I STILL have rear lights in all colours, and a 16v steering wheel in vgc, could swap for some of the above stuff maybe.

8) PM me!
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I've seen some self adhesive Chevron badges on fleabay that were centre cap badges...black with silver chevrons...maybe worth keeping your eyes peeled..?

Do you mean the the centre supports that bolt into back of rear seats either side of split? I have those....yours for nowt

You mentioned rear lights...I have been informed I have the incorrect rear lights fitted to my Red TD and after seeing Docs the red tint smoked clusters they do look better...do you have any dude? Tokens at the ready or can swap for my green tint ones..?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

BX Bandit wrote:Do you mean the the centre supports that bolt into back of rear seats either side of split? I have those....yours for nowt
The clips screwed to the back of the seat that hold the long rod along the inside edge of the parcel shelf? If those are the ones, yes please :)

Lights - I have three sorts, old school (orange/red/white, no fancy tinting), grey tint, and blue tint. Can you find me a pic of the ones you're after? I'll swap for the clips, no more incentive needed, I just need to shift some of these lights.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Some of these local sign/graphic shop will be able to make you the wheel centres, in any colour you like.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

PM me your address and I'll post em to you. Don't worry about the lights, I'm being very @nal in considering swapping them but its the red tint I'm after...
1990 BX TGD White
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Drat, sold the last of the £50 SMs last week. Looks like you've just missed out. Got one for £125, though.
Oops, sorry, sold.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Oh noes!

Lol!!1!one!
Last edited by djoptix on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

BTW dude, what is your Avatar?
1990 BX TGD White
thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
why not get a starter motor from the scrappers? there is loads around

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

BX Bandit wrote:BTW dude, what is your Avatar?
Here goes a fairly long story (off topic here we come)...

A couple of years ago I was a scratch/hip hop DJ (hence the name) and used to tour with a band. When I say band, they were (are in fact) a sort of Christian boy band. I'm a churchgoing type for those who don't know - one mate at college always referred to me as "extra Christian" :lol: anyway - the band was three guys: a soul singer, a rock singer and an MC, plus me. I used to stand at the back of the stage and look cool, do an occasional solo on the decks, and so on. Mostly we only gigged in the UK, but sometimes a gig came up in Europe.

In Norway there's a big Christian festival called Skjærgårds, pronounced "Shag us" :lol: (when I say massive, I'm talking probably 10,000 attending or so, not huge, but big for us). This had been booked in our diaries for ages - the Finns were always well into English music and we were one of the biggest Christian names in the UK. However, not long before the gig (a month or so I think) the soul singer left the band to pursue his own career and so we needed a stand-in singer, sharpish. Enter Josh (for short - I don't want to write his full name here but if you look on wikipedia for "thebandwithnoname" it's in the article).

Josh was the nicest guy you'll ever meet, but had one characteristic that made touring unsuitable for him: he had a ton of food allergies. When you're on the road you always always end up eating rubbish, like Burger King twice a day, just because there isn't time to get proper food. What's sort of funny is that Josh's wife was a dietician... he needed her! Josh had been really ill just before we flew to Holland, but was feeling better the day before we flew. But he felt worse when we landed, bad that night, and had severe chest pain and was taken to hospital at around 5AM the next day.

It turned out he had an inflammation of the lining around his heart, and not being able to eat much that day had made him really weak. We went to visit him ASAP, but as it was a super-efficient Norwegian hospital they made us all wear full masks and gowns - if Josh had caught anything else when he was so weak already it might have done him some real damage. So the pic is me in my surgical gown and mask (and sunglasses), visiting someone in a Norwegian hospital :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Now that is a cool story man!

Do you still do any turns on the wheels of steel??

BTW, I trust Josh made a full and speedy recovery??

Bandito, I MAY have some red tints in stock, will have to check, as you know I have crap everywhere!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Bluddy 'ell DJ I only asked...didn't want your life bloomin story ..... Only joshin' with ya dude :lol: :lol: That is infact a cool story and does explain the piccie rather well. My initial and re-occuring interpretation was that you were some of sort of masochistic cult that wore white, masks and puts plastic bags over peoples heads...twas only after numerous flashing images in my mind every time I saw your Avatar that I thought I should ask...sorry for being nosey!
:wink:

Thanks Doc...twas you who pointed it out that mine were grey!!
1990 BX TGD White
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

What`s your avatar about then Bandit? Always meant to ask but kept forgetting!
Vauxhall apologist.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Its Walter from The Big Lebowski..if you haven't seen the film dude you really need to...... even if it's just for the vodka related drink to which you may be partial...mmmm
1990 BX TGD White
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Can we ever keep anything on topic! :lol: