Alarms n security...

Anything about BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

In UK, people throw old cars away because they are afraid that other people think that they are poor.
Opposite was/is true in NZ. There is maybe was a phase when the kiwis went throught the Big 4wd is the in motor for a status symbol. Replacing the V8 Ford and Holden is best attitude. I hate 4wd owners they think they can drive but they can not. But I was laughing last year when they were complaining about paying 50% more to fill the tanks in there Fuel guzzlers.

Remurea Tractors we call them as most are owned by people in the City aka Auckland.

Displaying of wealth by getting a new car is not a attitude around here just because you drive a early 90s late 80s car your no regarded as poor. Guess its because our second hand cars hold the value?

My BX has a insurance value of $2900 ($2.70 to the pound) what would a 1991 BX19TZS with 174,000km (110k miles) be worth in the UK now?
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Darja wrote:
tom wrote:Yes Darja. You have it right. We are all mad and love our old wrecks (We call them "bangers" here).
We all help each other and we have small meetings because we are only a very young club.
In UK, people throw old cars away because they are afraid that other people think that they are poor.
BXs are often thrown away because they are not easy to work on. We like that!
It sounds like our clubs are similar. Please send your club our best wishes.
Jop, this is in CZ too... But I think my car is beautiful (little bit less than C6 :twisted: ) when I saw BX for the first time, I fell in love... And I don't careif someone has any problem, that I am driving an old car.
And because I love it, I have alarm on it.. with pager ;-) And I am ready to beat everyone, who will damage it!
Last month I put battery out (because of cold weather, and bx is not "in use" now-so alarm wasn't working) and some sucker stole my winker! It costs 7 EUR and he stole it! crazy world....
erm...whats a winker :?: :shock:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I was thinking the same thing.

Suspect it's an indicator as we say here in the nanny state!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Well, I'm sure I used to call it a winker when I was a nippa...but why would someone break into your car to steal the winker...flasher unit?
1990 BX TGD White
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

BX Bandit wrote:erm...whats a winker :?: :shock:
orange "blick blick" direction indicator :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: I am still not sure how to name all things around BX :lol: I can use this word "sm?rovka" or "blinkr" but that's worst then winker :D Huh, you must correct me for all time, guys :wink:
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Not at all Darja, your English was fine...winker is good...direction indicator is better than most would use in this country!! :) I just find it strange that someone would break into a car to steal one :shock:
1990 BX TGD White
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

BX Bandit wrote:Not at all Darja, your English was fine...winker is good...direction indicator is better than most would use in this country!! :) I just find it strange that someone would break into a car to steal one :shock:
I mean the one next light...
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

Dad used to call them winkers when i was young too. :)
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

reanimation wrote:Dad used to call them winkers when i was young too. :)
what? :lol: :lol: :lol: Ups, what winker exactly? :lol:
Darja
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Darja »

BX Bandit wrote:I just find it strange that someone would break into a car to steal one :shock:
he stole just the "glas" from eeeh direction indicator and the head light was half-out... I dont understand it :?
reanimation
BXpert

Post by reanimation »

I know what ya mean LOL, my mother keeps getting her indicator lenses nicked off the front of her Rover 100 (Metro) :(
The O/H is sick of hearing about BX's! :( And aparently Xantias are 'Didsbury cars' LOLZ
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Some people will steal anything. The wheel trims used to get nicked off the TD all the time before alloys went on.

I now suspect it was the wheel trim fetishist on this very forum!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joking Tim!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

I wonder how many wheel trims sold on ebay are 'hot'...I suspect a surprisingly high proportion..........w@nkers :evil:
1990 BX TGD White