G Reg. BX AUTOMATIC WITH POWER STEERING FOR SALE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Hevwil

G Reg. BX AUTOMATIC WITH POWER STEERING FOR SALE

Post by Hevwil »

The above car is in imaculate condition. It belongs to my very sprightly 85-year old Mother-in-law who has had the car from new. She had power steering fitted (which cost £1,000) at the time) by the local Citroen Garage who have serviced it regularly and supplied the car so there is a full service histrory. The car looks like new inside. The only defect is that the car ariel was broken off but never replaced as she does not use the radio. It has been incredibly well-maintained, has good tyres and has only done 26,000 miles! She would like a reasonable sum for it to go towards a buggy but would prefer that it went to an enthusiast and this is why I am advertising it here. It is in West Sussex. Anybody interested????
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

How much did you want for it please? Could you confirm what model it is If you had to pay extra for power steering its probably a 16RS? Any chance of some pictures.
Hevwil

Post by Hevwil »

Many thanks for your reply. We are almost certain that it is a GS. We shall check out all the tech. details and take some pictures on Saturday. We were thinking of inviting offers in the region of £600.00.
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

A GS is a very different beast indeed to a BX and has a following amongst we enthusiasts. I suspect that it won't be aGS, but I can assure you that there will be a lot of interest in seeing your pictures!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Could be a 16TGS auto possibly then.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

IIRC TGS didn't come out until 1990 H plate?

He probably meant to put RS and missed the R
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

TGS. I hadn't thought of that. Sounds likely. DLM will be here before long with his Revue (I've seen it and it is downright risque,) to tell us more.
Hevwil

Post by Hevwil »

My Mother-in-law assures me that it is a Citroen BX 1600 GS (1990 G Reg.) but we shall see when we look at the handbook etc. on Saturday. It is run every week and as far as we know the only renovation needed is the replacement of the radio aerial.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The TGS came out just in 1989 on a G plate so It could be one of those.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Theres no such model as a 16GS.....its a TGS I reckon. Early one then!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

And to confuse things being the nerd that I am Ive looked at my brochure from 1989 and the 16TGS was not available with a auto box!

Did they make a 16RS auto? if its a TRS they came with power steering as standard, unless the vendor paid the £1000 extra for the autobox not the pas and is confused?

Another point they did two 1.6 engines 1.6RE was 80bhp and the 16RS/TRS was 96bhp anyone know what the differences were.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

16BHP? :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

:roll:
Hevwil

Post by Hevwil »

We shall see what the paperwork shows up but I drive the car occasionally and I know that it was bought as an automatic and power steering was fitted because Mum liked the car so much that she preferred to pay extra to have power steering fitted rather than sell the car. Heather.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

What car for June 1990 lists a 16 TGS at £9508 with the auto at £794 extra and the PAS (factory fitted) £363. It came with central locking, electric sun roof, electric front windows, split/fold rear seats, seat height adjusters and a radio/cassette as standard.