Mushrooms

Anything about BXs
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Mushrooms

Post by Terry Brooks »

My BXtzd has got mould/fungus/white furry stuff growing on the rear carpet.the carpet is damp and the car is begining to smell a bit mouldy .............I'm assuming this is 'cos the drain holes for the sunroof are bunged up .............where are these drain holes [and I'm assuming the easiest way to clear tyhem out is to stuff a length of wire up 'em].
Help ........... :? :(
Terry
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
citroen7
BXpert

Post by citroen7 »

these drain pipes don`t like it up them!!
i use a combination of hot soapy water and compreesed air and findit works very well
if i remember right the 2 rear pipes come out by the rear lights and the front 2 in each wheel arch
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'd use the search function, its been covered 100's of times before as I found out when mine went.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Also Terry...I have cleared the drain tubes in my 16v and removed the carpets some months ago to dry...but i still see pools of water collecting in the footwells and I still do not know why...I think the door seals may be partly to blame....water collects at the low points and then spills out onto the carpet...you sunroof drains may well be blocked but only part of the problem...
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Another area to look at is possible deformation of the Door Window frames. If they are slightly out the Door seals especially ageing ones wont work very well.

The frames on the BX are quite flimsy and can distort by someone not shutting the door properly eg slamming with the windows open or ajar or possibly some Oink trying to the open your doors without a key.

Sunroofs are a nightmare especially Factory fitted ones! I got to say I dont miss them.
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Kiwi you clever sod....you may well have solved my leaking 16v cos I have a gappy door...well..not for long!!
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue