Nice Looking GTi

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Nice Looking GTi

Post by tim leech »

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

16v. But (to be pedantic) not badged GTi...

Looks good. Not enough description though.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Indeed it is, mind you with it being adevrtised as a Gti it may not hopefully attract too many puggers!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I can't believe you didn't notice that was a valver Tim! :lol: You're normally so anal about things of that nature.

It is a good looker though. I think there are a couple of guys interested on the 16v forum too.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I did notice its a valver Kitch but didnt advertise the fact purely for the reason that if anyone "puggers" are scanning the posts if its advertised as a GTi not a 16v they may not bother to look!

you see there is method in my madness.

As for being anal, those in glass houses! :D
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Oh who cares if they are! :lol: Its not your car afterall.

I do like them in white though. I only ended up with a red one because there were no black or white ones around, although I'm now glad I got red. I can see it fading, through my glass house.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I know it isnt but I would still like to go to a good home not to go the way of alot of other 16vs. :shock:
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

I REALLY like that. Its not that far away either. White is definitely the best colour for BX's I reckon, though I saw one once in a really dark BMW blue and it looked awesome :twisted: .

3 BX's is too much though, and I need to spend on the 2 I've got this month. Gutted :( .

Matt.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Philip chidlow wrote:16v. But (to be pedantic) not badged GTi...
It aint got 16valve badges on the side's either.

I know this car, it nearly ran me over on the way to work the week before last. Being driven by a woman with the red mist, and it sounded awful.

I see it quite alot around the Lawrence hill / Easton part of town.

The body looks really good, but the engine sounds like a bag of nails with a load of revs on.

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
paulwitchard
BXpert

Post by paulwitchard »

I know the couple selling the car from the Bristol group of the 2cv club, they are genuine enthusiasts - she is a bit feisty, if she nearly ran you over she probably found the BX a bit quick for her by comparison with a wheezy 602cc 2cv.

Paul
Paul in Normandy - BX 1992 Millesme 1.9D, 1999 Peugeot 806 2.1 TD (the Bus) - gone bang on the M25, in a scrapyard somewhere in the SE of England, 1985 Visa Decouvrable, 1990 Land Rover 110TD (Great Uncle Bulgaria),1999 Isuzu Trooper, 1991 Hymer motorhome with Peugeot J5TD power, and a shedfull of mopeds!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Dont think it was intentional! She just seemed to be "elsewhere" !! That and with the speed she was pulling when she nipped past I doubt she ever saw me trying to get my phone out so I could take a pic!

Does look like nice "in the flesh", I'ce got a red and black one, so maybe I should have a white one too...... at least its very close to home... hhmm....

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

THey say good things come in 3s! So I agree get it bought!