BX 16TRS automatic, one owner low mileage for sale.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX 16TRS automatic, one owner low mileage for sale.

Post by cavmad »

1988 BX TRS automatic, one owner from new and 39,000 miles. MOT until 29 Feb 2008 (virtually 12 months, give or take a week or so), taxed until end of March this year. Very nice condition for it`s age, drives beautifully. Engine sounds/goes perfect and box changes as smoothly as you`d expect.
Four electric windows, electric sunroof, power steering, towbar and electrics (untested), original wheel trims etc. Has obviously been well cared for, has the grey tweed interior (which is the most comfortable of the lot imho) that displays non of the usual wear marks/broken back bits as higher mileage ones seem to have. Original handbooks included, inc. one I`ve not seen before-the `corrosion guarantee` booklet.
Have done a few miles in it today, a good mixture of lanes, A roads and motorways and it drives superbly.
Faults? Bearing in mind it`s 19 year old car I think it`s fared very well but please note the following: passenger electric window inop (most likely the usual suspect-driver`s door wiring chafed), heater temp control broken (will probably have a spare one somewhere), no radio and it looks like it`s had those rear quarter plastic covers which have jumped ship. I don`t have all the previous MOT`s and can`t see any history for it so on that score I cannot guarantee mileage though was sold to me as genuine and the condition of the car certainly suggests it is.
There`s possibly one or two minor items besides these which haven`t come to light but nothing I have found or can think of and will post up if I find anything.
Definately deserves a better home than the one it will get in my hands and sale is because of lack of space and money.
All in a very nice genuine car that drives exceptionally well and will do someone a very good turn.
Photos when I`ve cleaned it up a bit (but I won`t be tarting it up), bear with me please as I`m a bit busy at the moment. Goes without saying any test drive or inspection is welcome.
Looking £395, it owes me far more than that and bearing in mind number of owners, mileage, virtually a full MOT and a few weeks tax it can be driven away and I think is very good value for money.
Will go on the bay of madness if no interest, really would like an enthusiast to take it though.
Last edited by cavmad on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

*cough* BUMP! This car needs to be seen and driven to appreciate it, interior (for example) looks superb and isn`t tarted up with dash clean.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Which covers are missing mate? Looks like they're present from those pics if its the ones I'm thinking of?
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

The black plastic ones that are kind of behind the rear seats at about head level. Not all BX`s had them fitted it would seem.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thats lovely!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thats lovely!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Tim, it is a very nice car!
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

*cough* BUMP!
Vauxhall apologist.
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

well done ! :P
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`m a little teapot :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sold, I do believe!
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Who to? :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

A lady from about 8 miles from here. Gave her and her husband details of the club, hopefully they`ll sign in soon.
Vauxhall apologist.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Happy with the price you got?