Rust in diesel filter housing

BX Tech talk
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

One troubleshooter I use in marine systems is to run the engine using fuel from a can and a piece of fuel line, primer bulb ,if the pipe and can are clean you can run the thing up bypassing the filter too and prove its otherwise okay, the method can get you home too.
Stewart :x
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
M

Post by M »

jonkw wrote: 8) I conclude: Diesel pump is fucked.
Well you have been looking for an excuse to fit the Bosch system havent you - now you have it. :wink:
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Get the bosch setup, you know you want to :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

This is the same engine that cut out in the purple one cos the filter was full of crap on the A303? Looks like a spot of previous owner neglect has come back and bit you on the bum :roll:
M

Post by M »

Mr B wrote:This is the same engine that cut out in the purple one cos the filter was full of crap on the A303? Looks like a spot of previous owner neglect has come back and bit you on the bum :roll:
Yeah - but where is the crap comming from? If the tank is clean (despite the Polish) and the filter is clean and fuel is getting to the injectors.... Then where the fook is the dirt coming from and why wont it run? What sort of pressure does the fuel from the tank run under, is it viable to bypass the fuel line with some rubber tubing for the sake of experimenting?

Or do as Stewart says, bypass the lot with some rubber tube and a 5L tin of best Polish and use gravity as a feed, see if it runs then.

If it were me I would be reaching for the firelighters about now...
JonKW wrote:But, since then this engine has banged on over 20,000 miles with serveral diesel filter changes, and has run sweet as a nut!

Until Yesterday!
Take it an evenings swearing at it has brought forth no news...
M

Post by M »

Mrs Gay Eleanor Wood June 2005 wrote: Don't tell me that thing has gone wrong again. Its our 9th wedding anniversary today and you have forgotten
[/quote]

Oh shit! :shock:

Some serious grovelling is in order and much making up with expensive gifts and flowers.
I find jewlery, flowers and an evening out at the local eatery pacify Mrs. R.

And believe me I have had a LOT of practice over the last 10 years.....

Best sort the Mrs out first before getting oily again - use the Micra for now...
M

Post by M »

Huzahhh!

And all home in time for tea and buns! Glad all is well in the diesel world - just been to Mr. B's and we were discussing your pump.

Now get down Clintons and the florist shop before Mrs W serves you up your knackers on a platter!
Last edited by M on Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M

Post by M »

Loves living dangerously wrote:In celebration I road tested the BX to the local Coop where I "splashed out" on some flowers, reduced to £2.99.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I admire men of courage like yourself Mr. W - I look forward to meeting you in another life!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Another fix, well done feller, on the other note it seems that us romantic types often end up driving BXs, hope you took the reduced sticker off :D
I once gave my beloved a wheelbrace for a gift!
TZD 19 TD one of the few