Name that part.

Anything about BXs
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Bolt to hold the timing cover anti rattle clip.
It doesn't look long enough to be on a BX 16V but they look identical only longer.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Alan S does it again :) There seems to be 2 lengths on the Diesels I have a longer one here but decided to go for the shorter one..
They think it's all over, it is now!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Bolt holding cambelt tensioner onto end of block, the cone on top locates early plastic cambelt covers :D
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

ken newbold wrote:Alan S does it again :) There seems to be 2 lengths on the Diesels I have a longer one here but decided to go for the shorter one..
Sad really innit? Shows how much time I spend under the bonnets of the bloody things.ImageImage

Alan S :oops:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'm saying nowt. :oops:
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

"maybe we could collect all the parts and make a brand new BX?? "

So who's going to provide the bodyshell? I doubt that they're still listed from new, as the obligation to provide parts under EEC law will have expired with the BX now more 10 years out of production. It also seems that as soon as the insurance work dries up (i.e. as soon as the value of a car becomes less than repair costs), then body panels become effectively worthless. Still shouldn't stop anbody collecting them though.

By the way Vanny, still have the box of parts & roofrack & will hopefully be able to mail them after I move next week. 10 floors up and NO car maintenance or repair (it's in the lease, unfortunately). :x
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Without firing up a political debate, why is it this pack of clowns, the EEC, still seem to be ruling the roost over there even though they keep getting knocked over in referendums and the like?
Is it a case of the 'master race' mentality still high on the agenda..Colonel Klink mentality? "Anyvon who duz not obey, vill be shot!!"

I mean we're totally independent over here; anything Garge Dublya tells us to do, we do it immediately, without question.ImageImage
Just curious, as it always seems to be getting mentioned. My opinion of politicians is pretty well known and foreign ones doing something for my benefit is a real worry; particularly ones we did over a couple of times in wars. :shock:

Alan S :roll:
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

'Without firing up a political debate'. The EU (EEC) legislation compelling manufacturers to supply parts for cars up to 10 years old was actually an improvement on the existing situation where they just decided arbitrarily when to delist parts.
While most important BX parts are still available - often on back order from France - it is still a bit of a lottery finding out what parts can be obtained or not.
For example I tried to order recently a repair kit for the brake doseur - not available any more. Hydraulic pipes orders still come from France however.

All in all I think that manfrs will keep supplying parts if there is a demand which it is economic for them to meet OR they have a large inventory due to previous overstocking that they would like to shift.

It seems to me that 2cv and D owners can still get hold of parts by whatever means to keep their cars running. I hope that we BX types will be saying the same thing in 10+ years time. 8)
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I was always of the opinion that parts were automatically kept available (based on demand) for 10 years as an arbitarty thing.
I know recently I heard of someone with a Hyundai which was only 7 or 8 years old who had it backed into in a shopping centre and had the headlights broken and was advised to make an insurance claim.
Imagine the shock/horror when their low mileage car was "written off" by the Insurance and the reason?????????? Headlights are no longer available and as a result can't even be sourced in wreckers yards either.
Could explain why we commonly refer to Korean crap as "Korean throwaways" so it's to be hoped they don't start a trend worldwide.

Alan S
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

bernie
Likes welding rusty Fiats.

Post by bernie »

ken newbold wrote:What the hell are these for.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Citroen-BX-cage-n ... dZViewItem
If I'd have had these then my Air Con conversion on my BX would have been easier
Just the 0 BX
1 TZD Turbo a/c going going GONE
1 TD Hurricane being broken up for spares
3 FIAT 124 Sports!!!
1 FIAT 124 Spider ex. California
Oh and I nearly forgot
A LOVELY XANTIA HDI EXCLUSIVE ESTATE
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Ah, you see... you see? Nice guy to know, this stjamesoldboys :) He's the man with the obscurest-est Cit bits on ebay. Watch him. 8)

Mark.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Not you is it ? :o
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

They look like the ones that sit under the upper front crossmember to hold that black plastic retaining strip that effectively holds the radiator in place and also the same as the ones that the bolts holding the front guard on screw into.

Alan S
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Posted these before but some may not have seen them, so Marty, Vanny and AlanS bite yer lips :twisted:

And these are??

1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE