GT for free (edit) Posponed a few months

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
adamskibx
BXpert

GT for free (edit) Posponed a few months

Post by adamskibx »

If anyone wants it, and promises to save it, and promises me first refusal on a sale if they ever want to sell it, come and get it this month before the TAX and MOT are up.

If its still here then, I have off the road storage for £25 a month and will fix it up in my own time (obviously the quicker the better financially), but all I will do as soon as its fixed up and MOT'd is offer it up for sale again. Ive been too busy getting my CX roadworthy. Thats goin for an MOT test on Monday, and if I can get it a pass before the months up, it can swap places with the BX so im not too woried. Financially, I could fix the BX up for about £200, accident repaired and MOT'd I reckon, and it would probably go on ebay for about £400, but the amount of time it will take me sort of cancels it all out and it would be peace of mind if I knew someone would just take it away and save it.

Cheers, Adam
Last edited by adamskibx on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Adam are you mad? Dont be daft get the car stored for £25 a month until you are in a better situation, its such a lovely motor. I am happy to help you get it fixed up if I can.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Thats very generous of you Adam, someone in this club get the old gal saved.....

Tim, get in quick, its free :lol:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Adam knows I will take it, if hes sure and yes it will get fixed up and looked after but I dont want to take the mick, i think he should think long and hard about it, also if anyone out there can give it a better home, and preferably a garage they should speak up.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its the accident reapir plus the mot and tax being up soon, I felt the same with the SD1 a few years ago as it needed work and money I couldnt spare, but as I advised Adam, store it away until the weather gets better, save up a few quid then I for one and am sure alot of others will offer there help to get it back together again.

ADAM KEEP THE GT! YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Correct me if i am wrong Adam, but the reason for letting the GT go is that storage is costing u wedge & even when u get around to fixing her u will have to sell anyway as u r running a CX & u aint made of money??

If the above sums it up, i think Adams idea is a sound one, someone can get this car fixed, run her & then when they fancy a change give Adam 1st refusal (i guess only charging for the repair costs)? The CX will have probably rusted away by then :lol: , so u would want your BX back anyway.....

By the way Adam, which model CX have u got??
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

This looks like just the car for Jrdpod!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

OK, right. Mulley, Tim, your both right, which is a bit of a predicament really. However, Tim has made me put it into context. It aint going to cost the earth to keep hold of, and as long as I either cover it with a car cover or whatever, its so solid that rusting isnt an issue. Im going to hang on at least till the CX is on the road.

John, thanks ever so much for the offer of storage, thats legendary, but I think ill keep it round here in case things didnt go to plan and I couldnt get it fixed up and MOT'd in a short enough time to not be a pain, if you see what I mean.

Sorry if anyone wanted the GT now. It will no doubt be available in a few months once ive put it through an MOT.. As you can see, ive been looking at it all in a very negative light, when its not really that bad a situation!! Like Tim says, combination of accident repair, MOT and TAX up etc etc...

Mulley. The CX is a 20 Pallas (Douvrin Peugeot,Renault,Volvo engine). As you can see, ive been (temporaraly im sure :) ) straying from the BX world: This is the CX:

http://www.cxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Good man. :D
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I don't know about keeping it nearby, I'd be keeping it taxed and tested if you're relying on a cx. :lol:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

:lol:
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Ha ha ha :D No in all honesty your probably right Ken. Having said that I get the impression that CX's gradually play up more and more until its impossible to maintain them, rather than just letting you down outright one day. Im planning on driving it to the North of Scotland in July :?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Fortunatly Adamski your like me and are lucky enough to have a new company car to rely on!

I take it in your in a kind of breakdown recovery, and one for the car! :lol:
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

LOL :D No breakdown cover on the CX but full RAC cover on the ultra reliable C2 company car. It kind of makes it an even more boring car than it would be without cover. In fact the only car I had breakdown cover on that I owned was the GT (still have). I did 40,000 miles in a Citroen Dyane with no breakdown cover. It let me down once, and even then I was able to botch it to get home. (The fault was caused by me holding a bottle of fizzy drink, as I pulled out of a petrol station and had no hand to change gear, which caused me to accidentally over rev the Dyane shearing the fan off the end of the crankshaft- I basically repositioned the fas, and used a small extension bar from my socket set coupled with a large nut, wedged in such a way that I had a fan again- It was enough to get me home, although I did keep the speed down to 45 all the way from Summerset to the Midlands :)

Your right Tim, breakdown cover for me is more important lol..[/img]