united nations

Anything about BXs
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

united nations

Post by tom »

With 389 members currently registered, I just took a look at the profiles.
BXclub.co.uk?

We have members from at least nineteen different countries!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well if you walk down the street of any big town in England, it would seem the UK is now composed of nineteen different nationalities too :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Lets see being a ex-pom who owned several BXs in the UK before emigrating to New Zealand and sacrificing his favorite car who they would not let in.

I found myself with a BX and a search of google on the PC found this hive of information. So what if I am no longer in the UK but a wealth of information you have provided is fantastic :lol:

Oh and if you want Multi Nationalitys then come to New Zealand the whole country beside the native Maori is a league of nations :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Philip chidlow wrote:Well if you walk down the street of any big town in England, it would seem the UK is now composed of nineteen different nationalities too :lol:
`tis true. My daughter`s previous primary school was the most the most ethnically diverse in Cheshire apparantly. I must hasten to point out that that didn`t bother me one bit and despite the best (worse?) efforts of the usual small minority of sad local bigots there were never any problems on that side of things.
The fact that the BXClub attracts people from all over the world speaks volumes for the friendly nature and helpfulness of the forum.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Does anybody know if they still have BX's in Bulgaria. :?:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If I was to emigrate it would be somewhere warm sunny and where they drive on the left and I would take all my cars with me! :D
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

tim leech wrote:If I was to emigrate it would be somewhere warm sunny and where they drive on the left and I would take all my cars with me! :D
Technically that could be India but in my experience they seem to drive at any position in the road that their fancy seems to take them. :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I was thinkingmore like New Zealand or australia! :D
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

tim leech wrote:I was thinkingmore like New Zealand or australia! :D
Which sounds good in theory until you see what the Government has waiting for you when you try to register the cars. :shock: :shock: ](*,) blah redx WTF?

Alan S argue:-( WTF?
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

I agree with Alan on that, trying to get a BX into New Zealand is a absulute nightmare and one I abandoned on my attempt.

You saying warmer climate? Depends on where you live :lol: we live in wooden houses and winters are mildish compared to the UK with the exception of those colder Polar blasts that when they hit you will be complaining is cold for a few days. The only differance is (not that I noticed this year) is the winters are shorter. Also depends on where you live as to how wet it can be and how hot :wink:

The funniest complaint I read in a AA article was of a guy with a Ferrarai whose car failed the front impact tests and was not allowed in to New Zealand :shock:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Sounds like you stand a better chance in India then Tim. :wink: :shock:
1991 BX19GTi Auto