This year's CCC National: matching surplus BXs with drivers

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

This year's CCC National: matching surplus BXs with drivers

Post by mnde »

The aim for the 25 year anniversary BX Challenge is to gather as many BX's together as possible. So I'm thinking, like with the Gs last year, we're bound to have more cars than drivers.

So - those of you with multiple BXs, trying to choose which one to take... Why not add the one(s) you're not taking to a BX pool list, and we can try and match up a BX with someone to drive it to the event. Or if it's HOT and you want to wuss out and take your aircon Xantia or XM for instance ... why not donate your BX to someone for the weekend?

Marty, Sleepy and others who are currently BX-less, or their car is off the road. Perhaps local BX'ers could donate a car for them to use for the weekend?

Of course, it is a matter of trust when deciding whether to let someone else ride your trusty steed...

I myself am in the situation that I am probably going to drive up a MK1 BX owned by Chris Salter. So my Meteor is going free at the moment and would languish sadly at home.... :(

What do people think, in principal?

Mark.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Good idea. My estate will be 'in use' here, but the new owner of my soon to be departed GTi will be 'encouraged' to partake in the National :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Captain Slow has "the" estate down here, its still MOT'd although I think it'd need taxing. Its hard work to drive, but it would definately get there and back :lol:

Thats if he doesn't decide to go in it himself. But I doubt he'll go full stop anyway.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Good idea, all being well i should have a 16TGS kicking around the place if anyone wants a car to take
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I'll be there in the red RD auto. Some friends of mine - who mnde and others have met - might be willing to drive any spare cars. They live near Chris S so maybe his place could be used as a meeting point..?
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

I won't be attending the rally but will always have a spare BX for anyone who wants one more likely to petrol than diesel though..
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Maybe it'd be an idea to compile a list of cars that are attending, with whoever is piloting them?

Then underneath each listing maybe add in a spare car so we can see which additional cars need a driver.

At the end of the day, of you want 100 cars (25 of which to be mk1's) then it goes without saying that around half if not more of that figure will be people that are already members on here? So if we compile an official list/record of who's planning to go and in what car etc we'll have a much better idea of whats going to unfold.

Just an idea, I'm willing to help in any way I can. I know a few people from the south coast who can drive some up there if needs be.

Cheers
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

I'm the 'new' owner of Phils car and I'd like to put my name down as an attendee!

AG
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I hope nothing goes too badly wrong with it then! (Otherwise I'll have to come disguised as a 2CV owner - hairy with glasses and a hat :lol: :wink: )
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

now you worry me with comments like that Phil :?

However its behaving itself so far. 145 miles and I've only used a qtr of a tank of petrol, my Alfa would be down by a third at least by now.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sorry, AG. No need to worry. :)
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

sweet! :D