Guess what I found?

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Guess what I found?

Post by cavmad »

Stripping the TZD with Matt (PiLsy) and Vanny day before yesterday and made a mental note to keep the standard wheel nuts when it goes to the metal yard as I`m running alloys with a steel spare. Anyhow removed the spare from the TZD to find what looks like the unused but surface rusty spare wheel with Michelin MXL tyre. Best of all I noted some lugs on the wheel around the bolt holes and Vanny confirmed what I suspected that it must be a steel spare from a car that came with alloys and has the lugs so that the alloy wheel bolts fit.
Never seen or heard of that before, seems like a good idea!
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Excellent, Vanny gave me one of those, its better than having odd bolts rolling round in the boot, when I bought my Graphites there was one in the donor car and I didnt spot what it was, foolishly thinking that I could have an alloy spare, then I found that they dont fit in the carrier :oops:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ive got on the same Billy in my garage off my 16v, I now have a alloy spare
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

So Tim, you can answer the question that's been plaguing the back of my mind since I picked up PUY.

Does an alloy wheel fit in the spare-wheel cradle on a BX?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yes it does. but be careful not to damage it by tigtening up the cradle too much.