Not BX, but XM For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Terry
BXpert

Not BX, but XM For Sale

Post by Terry »

Hi all,

Although I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago, haven't has time to post due to brutally severe family problems.

These problems are forcing the sale of my XM 2.0l turbo, gas powered saloon. Although I'm not keen on the car my wife uses it daily, and doesn't want to part with it. But...we're probably going to be long term fostering two of our young grand children and with the 100 litre gas tank in the boot there isn't space for all the things two little kids need.

Currently we're getting about 8-9p per mile on gas, and apart from a sticking sun roof and cruise control motor failed, there's not much wrong with it.

Tomorrow, I'll take some pix and post them. If any one is interested in the full run down on the Xm please pm me. Be a shame to put it back on The Bay - never know who'll get it, and I'd like to think it was looked after.

Terry
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sorry to hear of the problems. I'm sure you'll have a good chance of finding a new home for the XM here. If not, someone will know someone... etc.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I can't take the car on, but I'll add my expression of support. Doesn't sound like you're in a good place.

If you're looking after two small kids... may I suggest that there will probably be someone on here who will swap a gas-equipped XM for The Car With The Massive Boot? A BX estate - or even a hatch - will surprise you with its storage space - and give you all the pleasure and comfort that the XM does.

Either way, if you end up with any kind of hydraulic citroen, stick around on this board.

Welcome!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

PS:

Please post full details on here.

And if you've got pics, you'll be more likely to shift the car.

If you can't host 'n' post them yourself, email them to me (my_username at yahoo dot com) and I'll post them for you.
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Hi all

And my sincere thanks for your words of support and suggestions. There isnt much nice in this world but there are some decent people on this forum.

I read back what I posted last night and it seems like the ultimate sales pitch. Nothing could be further from the truth.

If the sun is out this evening when the car comes back I'll take the pix and send them to Stuart. Over the weekend I'll put together all the details of the car.

I had thought I would treat myself to another TZD estate in September when the Xantia is expected to fail it's test. Seems like I'm looking already.

It needs to be a good one because the children, 6 & 4, go to school 25 miles away from us, thats a 100 mile a day on the car. Looks like we wont be able to change their school until September.

The last BX I had was a TZD estate. You're right, the boot is like a cave. That's why I want another.

Hydraulic Citroen? There's nothing else worth having, and nothing safer to drive with that braking power. In summer 98 I took my F plate out of the garage after major repairs and the same night drove 1500 miles fully loaded to the far side of the Czech Republic in 24 hours, almost non stop with a second driver. Topped out at 110 mph on the autobahn and held it for nearly an hour. Can't beat it.

Its a pity that system is now only on the bigger models and then they're really Chryslers. I found that with the C5 - just a re-worked and cheapened XM. The most disappointing and expensive car I've ever owned.

I'll keep my eyes on The Bay, and on here, and I know we'll come up with something good.

Many thanks

Terry
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Hi Terry, we'll keep our eyes peeled for a TZD estate..be sure to check the For Sale and Spotting forums for finds..esp on ebay. Also feel free to ask for bits once you get one cos a good few of us have spares for nowt :wink: Good luck with the wee ones... :wink: :wink:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Hi all,

And my thanks for your support.

I keep promising to get details of XM posted and pix, but time...

On the kids front, it looks as if it may be coming to a head very soon. Spending most of my time preparing the house and garden for them to live in.

Please, please keep an eye out for a good quality TZD estate...looks as if the need is going to be fairly desperate. I need one I can run from day one. Don't mind some repair work in a few weeks when things here have settled down.

Still think the grey estate in Downham market on the Bay is going to go for silly money, but have book marked it.

Terry
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-BX17-TZD- ... dZViewItem

Terry is that any good?

It's in the BX spotting forum too.

Hope things are ok.

Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Hello Oscar

Thanks for that...I'm putting that in my Bay watchlist. Could be what we need.

Things are looking up a bit.

Truly I'll be glad when this is past, I'm back with a beloved BX and chugging along normally.

Again, my thanks

Terry
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

If you're in need of a car that works "straight out of the box" so to speak, I would be very very careful of buying one from eBay. I would bet a fair bit of cash that ANY chaep car you buy from eBay will need some work doing to it before it can be relied upon for daily transport.

Instead, I would be looking to buy something from a club member, or someone you know. That way you know for sure that it's not just someone desperately trying to get rid of a dodgey old shunter that won't hold water, has dodgey electrics, a knackered engine and a gearbox full of mud.

I've bought cars that have needed a fair bit of work from eBay in the past. Granted, I've also had bargains from eBay, but there is a significant risk. Conversely, every vehicle I've bought (or even been given!) by someone from a club, or someone I know has been a "good-un"
this might be a signature
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Hi David,

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

The Downham Market car is in the watch list because I have a vague idea I might know it from some years ago, coming originally from that area.

I just think it's a bit of a bl**dy cheek, been on the forum a couple of weeks and wanting to buy an out of the box job from a member. But that would be favourite, and it's the way I'd like to go.

Gotta say, that German 16v looks sweet. Not much good with kids and their stuff, but, at 56 I can dream.

Take care

Terry
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

DavidRutherford wrote:If you're in need of a car that works "straight out of the box" so to speak, I would be very very careful of buying one from eBay. I would bet a fair bit of cash that ANY chaep car you buy from eBay will need some work doing to it before it can be relied upon for daily transport.

Instead, I would be looking to buy something from a club member, or someone you know. That way you know for sure that it's not just someone desperately trying to get rid of a dodgey old shunter that won't hold water, has dodgey electrics, a knackered engine and a gearbox full of mud.

I've bought cars that have needed a fair bit of work from eBay in the past. Granted, I've also had bargains from eBay, but there is a significant risk. Conversely, every vehicle I've bought (or even been given!) by someone from a club, or someone I know has been a "good-un"
My sentiments entirely!
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Thanks Ken

Terry
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Terry, have sent you a private message via this website. Cheers, Billy.
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Terry wrote:I just think it's a bit of a bl**dy cheek, been on the forum a couple of weeks and wanting to buy an out of the box job from a member.
Not at all. There are most definitely more cars than there are members to take care of them, so there's a good chance that there will be someone very happy to sell you a decent all-working car.

Certainly if I had one, I'd be more than happy to sell it to you.
this might be a signature