Kiwis 2nd Kiwi BX

Anything about BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

Kiwis 2nd Kiwi BX

Post by kiwi »

Here it is

My $180 (65 quid) 1989 BX 16RS with 289,000 km 8)

Now in the description it said " engine is good with 3 cylinders registering 170 psi and one on 80 psi, could be big, could just be rings?"
Ok so explain how it was able to keep up with the 19TZS and climb up some steep hills including one I am quite smug on yet my wife who ended up driving it manged to keep me behind her :roll: my excuse I fumbled the gears :wink:

The paintwork was faded but a bit of Cut n polish has brought that shine back. Some minor blemishing on the n/s wing and looks like some one has used a spray can in its history.
Cured a annoying knocking by removing the Wheel trims, those ones that clip over the wheel nuts.
It has a cracked Headlight on the Drivers side which I fixed with glass bond :wink: If it still dont pass a WOF then I could always swap just for the test :wink:

Tyres well 4 Michelins and the typical wrong size on one of the Fronts thats twice with a BX thats happened :x the two fronts have 1.6 mm tread which is legal but only by 0.1mm :lol: the rear are 4mm. So my 19TZS might get its new rear tyres sooner rather than later to swap.

Rust could be the deciding factor with a couple of patches on the Front Subframe. In the UK they would fail over here I am not sure?
So it might well be worth keeping on the road with a bit of welding two tyres and once I can locate that oil leak from the engine.

Of course now the wife has decided that maybe it worth buying a few more cheap BXs doing them up and selling them on :shock: I can see a BX Rest home developing at the side of my drive :lol:

Last edited by kiwi on Thu May 10, 2007 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Bargain!
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Probably repeating myself from another thread?

1,Sub Frame needs a lot of welding, be easier to get a new subframe on it.

2,Rear Silencer has a hole might be simply patch (we do like those in NZ)

3,Front Tyres ideal for slicks at 1.5 mm

4, slight Knocking from somewhere but with 259,000kms on clock you would expect that?

5, Oil Leak?

6, Finally what really erks me is it starts first time with out even blipping the accelerator unlike my primary BX :?

Got the Registration Doco today, registered 26th September 1989
Owner change 31/03/99 194,000km next owner had for 3 months most likely Dealer as 505 kms covered.
3rd keeper until 05/08/06 256,000 which basically was the last mileage check due to no WOF, last keeper had it 9 months only covered 3,000 kms.

I think if when we decide to replace the rear tyres of my primary as they are at 4mm now they probably will be going on to this one and seek out a subframe.