4x4 transfer box and gearbox for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

4x4 transfer box and gearbox for sale

Post by mat_fenwick »

Right, I have recently bought a 16v engine, transfer box and gearbox from a Peugeot Mi16 for a non-Citroen project car (shhh). I am planning to sell the transfer box and gearbox to help out with the price of the engine. Before I stick it on eBay I was wondering whether anybody here was interested as I assume it will be the same as for a BX 4x4?
The car was a runner with 107k on the clock, looked well looked after and the transfer box looked like it had been apart in the not too distant past (smear of gasket goo on the seam).
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I dont think this is the same as a BX 4x4.

Can anybody help with some more information?
Over and out from me
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I have seen a 4x4 pug 405 8 valve injection which was the same (apparently) as the BX, perhaps it is??
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

any idea of cost and location mat?

It would be rather nice i guess!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Are you thinking of convertung yours to 4wd then? I did for a brief nanosecond consider the idea on mine but if I took on a project like that I think fossil fuels would have run out before I finished it, considering the amount of other stuff I have on as well!
As for location, either Gloucester or Somewhere between Bala and Llandudno in North Wales, depending on where we move too. Not too sure on cost, I was hoping for £150 perhaps, not sure if I am being too greedy but I haven't seen one for sale before. I plan to put it on ebay this weekend and see what happens. Better check with SWMBO first, it is after all hers (although I get to do all the hard work getting it out in the pouring rain :( )
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The 405 had two different types of 4x4 systems. The GL (8-valve) 4x4 system is the same as the BX system, with a lockable centre differential.

The Mi16 4x4 system has a torsen centre differential (and is not lockable) Although not the same as the 8-valve, I beleve the casings are similar, and the units are interchangeable (same mountings etc)

I *think* the 16v system was somewhat stronger than the 8v system, so fitting this to a BX 4x4 *might* make a somewhat more reliable car.... maybe.

on a good day.

with the wind behind you. :lol:
this might be a signature