Sticky-back plastic..

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

Sticky-back plastic..

Post by toddao »

yoghurt pots, old cardboard boxes.. couldn't we knock one of these up in an afternoon ?

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 715&size=o
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I know its a v special BX but my god its ugly!
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

tim leech wrote:I know its a v special BX but my god its ugly!

yes it's ugly but with four wheel drive shedloads of power and Diravi power steering

it must have been fantastic to drive :D
Citroen BX

Origami in plastic and steel

^^ ^^^^bx>
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I think 'Exciting' may have been a better description of the driving experience - large heavy engine and transmission up front with DIRAVI steering which itself was rather heavy probably made it ideal for rallying but not for a relaxed road burner.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

DIRAVI aint that heavy! Sure, a bit heavier than a standard PAS rack, but if the driver laid off the pies for a few weeks the difference is negligable!

IIRC accleration wise the 4TC was slower than a valver??

Either way though, I'd love one! I think it's gorgeous, but I'm a sadist!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

docchevron1472 wrote:
IIRC accleration wise the 4TC was slower than a valver??
not heavier being a group B rally car i think that it had far more plastic in it than average Bx plus a bit more power

(200bhp, 0-60 in 7 sec & 130 mph+ works cars had double the power)

I think that the DIRAVI system was used more to damp out the high torque reaction as a of the power went to the front wheels a lot of the time

and it was probably adjustable on the move in works car
Citroen BX

^^ ^^^^bx>
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Not that much quicker then! A stock valver will do 0-60 in 7.2 and top out at 135.

Ok, the works car no doubt would trance a valver, but considering the 200bhp+ of the spec 4tc I'm surprised how slow it is really...

Yeah the DIRAVI makes sense, although I meant that the DIRAVI unit isn't much heavier than a standard rack really, the DIRAVI unit itself is not a heavy thing in itself..

Interesting stuff though, and I'd still love a 4TC...time to don the balaclava and shotgun I think! Accepted in all major banks!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I wasn't even aware they had DIRAVI steering :shock: You learn something new every day!

The road cars were slow, but in an odd way which I can't quite work out......from what I've read the 0-60mph time was indeed around 7.5secs, which as we know is about the same as a 16v. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, because other than better grip while launching, the 4wd system would create more drag than a 2wd setup, and the 16v only being 40bhp behind in the first place could well help it to hit the 60 mark at roughly the same time.

But.....the quoted quarter mile time for a 4TC is 14.5secs :shock: Thats a quick time, and the 16v lags behind at 15.7. So does the 4TC suddenly take off after 60mph? If so, why? Becuause in theory it's only advantage over a valver is 4wd off the line. But all in all, yeah....the road going 4TC does look a bit sluggish.
Didn't a chap who'd driven one come on here and say it was a total hound, nothing like a normal BX and really heavy and bulky to haul about whilst managing to not be all that quick?

That one in the picture is the EVO version however. 350bhp.....0-60mph in about 4secs. I'm not going to try it on with that :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

You have to remember that in order to take part in group B you have to build 200 road cars for the public to buy and no way were Citroen going to let the yuppies of the time loose with a 350 hp missile :shock:

If you look at the lancia delta it’s not the quickest car in the world but I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near a delta S4 when in motion , it was deadly, 450hp+ and it went everywhere sideways and sometimes backwards at great speed (100mph +)
A sight to behold but from a safe distance :)
Citroen BX

^^ ^^^^bx>
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Well, say what you want about 4TC's, 16v's, TD's etc.....the best BX's are Captain Slow powered:

classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Citroen BX

^^ ^^^^bx>
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't the poor chap get a headache when you slam the bonnet? :lol:

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I think you may get enhanced performance if you mounted the power unit the other way round :D :D :D

I.e. in line rather than transverse.
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

What a life that bloke must have....do you leave the bonnet open on sunny days ? :D :D :D
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Well all is not as it looks. Si is not actually powering this particular BX 16v.

He's actually feeding the hamster while it's still in it's wheel. It's all about good maintainance :idea: