Leave 'em alone
11%
Buy some trims cheapskate!
78%

Total votes: 9

Kingswell
BXpert

Post by Kingswell »

Yes it was like that until a while back but recently more and more modern cars are appearing everything from Puntos to BMWs and the older cars are being phased out or turned into barrymobiles*. Which really doesnt make any sense to me seeing as the car tax is so high right now that buying a new car is impractical. I would say that the BX now qualifies as old but you wouldn't be surprised to see one driving around either (very rare though). So basically we have caught up with the times and aren't living in the stone age anymore :)

I like the TZD trims and if I can get a set cheaply I would be very interested, just not right now.

I just wanted to know if it was a better idea for now to paint them or to just leave them alone.

*And for those interested heres what barrying in Malta looks like http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26295
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Kingswell wrote:So basically we have caught up with the times and aren't living in the stone age anymore
shame.

The 20+ year old cars running around in malta was fabulous. Every now and then you'd see something really]/i] old, like an early austin cambridge, or an original Ford Consul, but nearly all the cars there were interesting.

Even the buses were 20+ year old ex-uk. Fantastic!
this might be a signature
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Id leave your wheels as they are or repaint in the original silver/metal. Your right, aftermarket wheel trims are horrible compared to original ones. I from time to time remove my BX wheel trims for the naked wheel look. I think they are very nice steel wheels with a purposeful design that suits the car. I prefer BX's with naked wheels or almost any of the original wheel trims to any of the alloy wheels offered originally. The 16 V alloys are nice though.
Kingswell
BXpert

Post by Kingswell »

Adam you have the exact same taste as me :D , I'd rather go naked then wear horrible trims because I do like the steel wheels except for the fact that I think they might look better in black. The 16v alloys are brilliant and are the sort of look I'm going for with the wheels.
I gave this a try:

( BTW we really need to make a good thread with a collection of pictures of wheeltrims and alloys so that they can be used as a guide)
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Leave 'em be mate, BTW no-one's mentioned the cituning stylee sill skirts, vay nice mate!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

What about painting them white???

Personally I think that would look better than black but it's your car. Maybe you could have a go on Photoshop and see what the opinion of the BX style gurus are...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I have three like the ones pictured here...

Yours for nowt + P&P. Not especially good condition but rub down and re-spray would see them OK. Your next conundrum would be what colour to spray your wheel trims (next poll then!!).
But, I only have 3....Have you tried your local scrappy??
Let me know if you want them, other than that IMHO I'd stick with the grey wheels :roll:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

I have four of the above. Yours for the postage. One has been resprayed and is therefore a slightly different shade of silver than the others, but you'd have to be looking hard to notice.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Kingswell
BXpert

Post by Kingswell »

I'm interested in that. Any chance you could check the P+P costs?

BTW what is wrong with that BX? Please tell me its a photoshop
:D
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Kingswell wrote:BTW what is wrong with that BX? Please tell me its a photoshop
:D
Yes, you'll be pleased to know. It is my white TGS given an utterly Polo-esque Photoshop make-over. Happy my BX is still pure Arctic White :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kingswell
BXpert

Post by Kingswell »

Then I must say your photo shop skills are excellent, that thing nearly fooled me.
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I have four of the above
Oh Oscar, you always have to boast!!! :shock: :lol:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Hey, if you've got it, flaunt it! :lol: :lol:

I actually like the harlequin BX in a masachistic kinda way!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...