Monicas new boots!

Anything about BXs
mountainmanUK

Monicas new boots!

Post by mountainmanUK »

Here are a couple of pics of Monica today, showing off her new Speedlines!
I think they look much cooler than the 'cheapo' trims she had before! :D

Just need to finish off the sanding & repainting of her 'babywalker' now. :wink:

cheers

Dave
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

205 drivers nick our engines, and now other BX owners nick our alloys.

We're losing our exclusivity :(
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Sorry Kitch! :wink:

I wouldn't be surprised if a Tixy-dee Turbo is probably a tad MORE exclusive than a GTi :shock:

She also handles SO much better too now.

Righty-ho....off to look for a bodykit next!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (joke! :wink: )
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Very nice motor there, looks like its riding a little high though for a GTI :wink:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

You should see the speed-humps around our estate, Stewart!!! :shock:
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Dave, stylin' mate! Looks great. It's always good to slam it for photos - put it on the low suspension setting. Look forward to seeing Monica in July if you're coming to the National :)
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

That looks good. Monica's the right colour for those wheels!
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

stuart_hedges wrote:That looks good. Monica's the right colour for those wheels!
Thanks Stu! :D
Actually, it's the wheels that are the right colour for Monica!!
They are sprayed in Peugeot Graphite rather than the 'correct' Anthracite.
I spent ages selecting what I hoped was a good match. I think I got it right!! :wink:

@Todd,
Yep...looking forward to seeing the Big Yellow Machine at the National too! :wink:

Cheers
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Ah! I assumed they were anthracite but looking again the difference is clear.

You know I've been wondering about whether or not to fit this style of wheel to mine.... maybe it's the colour that's wrong? That bright red is a pretty, happy, cheerful steel-wheel type colour while Monica is a more serious, sexy, dark black-painted alloy colour.

/Tired and drunk
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

WOW
That looks awesome mate! Nice looking car, great looking wheels! I did dad's in Citroën "meteor" metalic grey IIRC, similar outcome!

Do you have the hub centres? I noticed they're missing. If you need a set I'm sure I could find some for ya mate, although with the post the way it is round here they may be safer if I give them to you in person at the national, since it aint too far off now, and that way I know they'll get to you!

Why not bodykit it? I did with my TD,

and that started life as a 19RD!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Cheers Chris! :D

She's actually quite scratched, but still looks great in photos!!!
I', pleased with the way the wheels turned out, as it was my first attempt at renovating a set of alloys! previously only done spray-up jobs on steelies!

Unfortunately I didn't get the hub centres with the rims, so your offer is most gratefully accepted.....at the National, OK? :wink: :D

As for bodykitting Monica.....she's actually quite 'original' (except the alloys!), so I'd rather not shove a kit on her. I'm looking to get my hands on a GTi at some future time, so I reckon I'll wait until then to mess with adding plastic bits!! :wink:

Currently trying to track down a VERY minor leak somewhere around the front o/s strut area. Don't know yet if it's LHM or oil, as I only noticed it on the floor when I got in to drive home from work last night. Coincidence that it's the same side as the split CV boot?.....maybe. I've also been lubing that strut with 3-in-1 oil, as it was groaning quite a bit. Not a big problem...yet, but I'll have to keep an eye on it!

Cheers
Dave
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

If you're looking for a GTi in the near future,I know of a belter that'scoming up soon.I was even tempted to go back to petrol power :shock: :shock: :shock:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

mountainmanUK wrote: She's actually quite scratched, but still looks great in photos!!!

Unfortunately I didn't get the hub centres with the rims, so your offer is most gratefully accepted.....at the National, OK? :wink: :D
I bet your car isn't anywhere near as dented / scratched / faded as either of mine! I reckon Monica looks great, a real stunner, especially with the new boots :wink:

No worries mate, I'll bring them along to the national.. I'm sure there will be some space amongst the tools / beer / bits!!! :lol: :wink:

Cheers
Chris
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Thanks for all the complimentary comments chaps! :D Monica is blushing!!

@Dean,
Still not 100% on the GTi idea yet, but if I came across a decent one, at a nice cheap price, then I must admit that I'd be tempted. Of course everything would depend on moving Monica on, or the Matitz...or both! Any GTi that I bought would need to be running with Tax & Test....so I could still get to work for the necessary beer vouchers to keep the aforementioned GTi on the road!! :wink:

First I need to get a new MOT on Monica. Current one runs out at the end of June, and I am DEFINITELY going to the National in a BX!!! :shock:
The BX (and CX) is probably the only car I've ever had, where I felt that I had enough room in the boot for the tools, spares, fluids etc., that I like to carry.....and still have space for a suitcase or holdall, and a tent!!
I could LIVE in a BX without too much hardship! :wink:

Cheers
Dave
Kingswell
BXpert

Post by Kingswell »

It's gorgeous and those wheels compliment the colour perfectly. :D

Not too sure about the tow bar though :)
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN