For Sale. Silver BX GTi auto with a/c

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

For Sale. Silver BX GTi auto with a/c

Post by Andy G »

well I have to let this fab BX go. I'm due to relocate and can't take it with me which is a real bind, however most of you know this car as Philip's old auto GTi.

His write up from the ebay ad is here so as he says it so much better than I, it seemed a waste to let the text stay on ebay.

item no 190094120613 or link at the bottom.

Many appear to know this car, but its a 91 car on a J plate.

I have done nothing to the GTi apart from put 3000 miles on it, although it has had a new ignition barrel and a drivers side window. It still drips the occasional LHM fluid, and burns a drop of oil, but over the 3000 miles I've only had to top up about a litre. Everything still works, and I still have the full history for it. It gets used daily and really is superb, fab autobox and nice and smooth.

Mail me for loads of pictures until I get 10mins to load up to a host site.

Basically its all as per Phils description from before.

As for price, couldn't say, so offers on a postcard maybe? PM me for contact details, the BX can be seen here in Ely (or just outside) or at Stansted Airport during the days.

I don't want to let it go, but needs must, therefore I would appreciate sensible offers if thats possible! If I can't move it on within the next few weeks, then ebay will get another feature

Many thanks all

AG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1
Last edited by Andy G on Mon May 28, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

right, here's a few pictures, sorry for the delay.

Image[/img]
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

I'll be putting this on ebay over the weekend so if anyone is interested drop me a line.

Thanks

AG
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

the car is now on pistonheads, the ad can be found here http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/177723.htm

Thanks

Andrew
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'd say to anyone contemplating it... it's a good one!... Just needs a bit of work, as you know, to make it particularly special. It drives very nicely indeed!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

I've got to say Phil, even though I now own it, I have to agree. It has done everything I've asked of it.
Easy to drive to, and its been economical as well, doing the 400 miles weekly trip using just under £50 doing it.
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

I take it then no ones want this BX?

Shame really as if its not gone soon then I run out of places to park it, and as a standing car is no good and is then liable to start allowing gremlins to rear their heads, that and the fact it really owes me nothing now (having repaid me over the past 12 wks in petrol savings) I may well just weigh it in in order to get shot of it. Bad news really but I was hoping that someone would be interested and therefore make an offer/or come to view.

Oh well, thats the way it goes I suppose.

I may give it a chance on ebay, but if they are only making £100 notes then its not really worth the time.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Given how tidy that car is, and the fact that it has A/C, it will almost undoubtedly make more than £100 on the bay of E. I'd be it will make more like £500 with lots of photos and an honest write-up.
this might be a signature
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thats lovely!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I'd like it, I really would with the way my left ankle is these days, but then the valver would have to go, and I really dont want to get shot of the valver so I have to pass on it mate.

But really, that should make a good price on the bay, for sure you'll get more than the weigh in value, and it's a cracking car, that'd be sacralige to scrap a perfectley usable car that someone else could have and use, and make you a few quid too....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Blimey Andy, I'd buy it back as opposed to seeing it weighed in. Can I suggest it WILL be worth eBaying as you WILL get more that £100 for it.

I understand fully why people on the Forum can't take it on right now - money, time and space are always tight. It's no reflection on the car. Pleanty of decent BXs have been offered up here without anyone being able to commit.

But as I said if no one else wants it - and the eBay option is too much hassle, I'll buy her back and then decide what to do...

Keep the faith, Andy :D
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

Well I couldn't actually do it, scrap a good car that is, I'll do the ebay bit.

I'm suffering at the moment with a cold of sorts, clouds my judgement somewhat, and I haven't given it time to see the advert out in the public domain, and will try ebay shortly. My big worry is it will end up sitting in a unit with my old BMW and gradually faults will appear and I'll have no time to sort them.

I'm hoping to clear £400 if I can with her, I can honestly say that no other car has surprised me as much as this BX. So my apologies for the rash post above.

Hopefully she will sell over the coming weeks. they appear to be like my old 7 series BMW, sort of end of the road cars that have loads to offer but many outside Citroen enthusiastic circles avoids them!

Cheers all, made my Friday.

Oh thanks for the step in Phil.
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

well she is sold, new owner picked her up today, and I have no doubts it will continue to give sterling reward for the daily trips it'll be doing.
I am glad its gone to a new home as I'd hate to see it sitting outside not being used!

AG
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Trust you told the new buyer about the forum! Well done, and I wonder, now you've experieced BX ownership - will that be your last?
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

I did, and my experience was good so it won't be the last!