Spoiler

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

Spoiler

Post by toddao »

just aquired this item - don't know if anyone's familiar with it. How do I wire up the fog-lights? Cheers

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 163&size=l
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Wicked which car is that going on?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I *THINK* the wiring is already there and it can be plumbed into the usual foglight switch. Vanny and Doc know about these things, hopefully one of them will be along soon to let you know what you need.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Bearing in mind its a MK1 I didnt think they had seperate fog map switches excpet for the GT?
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

mornin' - Tim it's going on the yellow one and I hope Billy's right about the wiring already being there cos that would save a few headaches. The light switch has a lower setting which looks like a fog-light setting..
Todd

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ahh course yes!
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

removed the old lower grill - wasn't so easy. It's stapled in along with rusted in bolts probably from rad leak or simply 20 years. Angle grinder dealt with it. Offered up the new spoiler item - looks a bit wide but I'm gonna follow through.
Poured over various wiring diagrams ( head-ache) and the afore-mentioned fog light switch operates the rear fog and there's indicated 'Front fog lamp socket' . Can't quite get it at the moment . Diesel diagrams refer to no such socket. Any ideas? :?:
Todd

jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Don't know if its any good but I think there's some Mk1 electrical info on Bob Smith's site. There is also wiring diagrams in Haynes.

http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

thanks Jeremy. Looked at the link - there does seem to be a line to the front. How did they fit all those optional fog-lights in the early 80s otherwise? Looking at the lower grill it has removable blanks which must have been for the various after-market fogs available at the time. I will seek..
Todd

toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Todd

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Ooooh, NICE, Todd! :D

Is it my eyes, or does the left-hand foglamp look a little off the horizontal? Probably just camera angle.

Are you going to keep it black, or spray it up in matching "Oil Seed Rape yellow"? :wink:

Dave
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

8)
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Dave the left hand lamp is a bit off. The adjustment is limited - I have tried - that's French quality for you. Was going to paint it but now I've got into the look -of it :D
Todd

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

It still looks really good Todd! How many people are going to be lying down right in front of her, with a protractor in their hands? :lol:

I think I agree with leaving it black....kind of sets it off nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing her "in the flesh", come the National! :wink:

Cheers
Dave