Wanted: this AND rocking horse poo.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
AlanS
BXpert

Wanted: this AND rocking horse poo.

Post by AlanS »

I've got a guy out here who had a what shall we say, "unfortunate experience" with the fan speed controller on a 16Trs.
This is a PCB of the type that look like silver paper glued to a cream coloured plastic base plate about the size of the face of a packet of fags. On the back, there's a diode fitted across 2 of the tracks.
His fans weren't working and in the process of troubleshooting he began trouble making when he dropped a live wire onto it and blew half of the silver tracking off it. Now it's getting mid 30s in the shade, he's beginning to yearn for his air/con that won't work without this controller.
I know there's probably not a real lot of 16Trs's over there as there's not a real lot left here, but this is a rare one in that it's not a rotary switch, it's a slide type so even the GT's of the era don't have this controller.
Anybody can help, he'll be quite happy to pay for it and all costs to get it out here.
If you can PM me with your e-mail contact, I'll get him to deal direct with you.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
M

Post by M »

Now dont quote me on this - but Im sure the A/C unit Tom Sheppard had going for sale a little while back had the slide control - not the rotary switch.

Now its highly unlikely that its going to be for sale - but one thought leaps into my mind - if someone can scan the PCB (track) then it could be used to make a new etched PCB (usual method, photocopy onto acetate, copper etch board & etch soloution) with the possible advantage that you could improve the connections & track during the process from the original (as you wont be building down to a cost).

A further thought hits me again - twice in one day, when your hot your hot! - that if any members of A/F have a similar set up they could scan & email a picture of the board and your mate could make his own up for a few quid.
M

Post by M »

Yet another though Alan - the Xantia utilises a slider control for the A/C - these are more plentiful than the BX - could one of these be bastardised and adapted to do the job in the BX ( you can tell Im not a purist).....
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

No, Marty the a/c unit actually uses two pushbuttons, being that for a Mk 1 16v. I've never seen this pcb but a picture may help me with diagnosis and a suggested repair.