MK1 in NZ (rare)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
kiwi
Over 2k

MK1 in NZ (rare)

Post by kiwi »

If only I had the money

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 083441.htm

Dont see many Mark I in that good a condition do you?
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Oo ah! Another one in the colonies! What happened to that GT that was for sale the other week Kiwi ? Just tell your wife that you're 'cornering the market' ready for the price surge :)
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

The GT is still there the Owner has not responded to two emails so far, could not see any other contact details either.
I would love to get hold of these two but simple fact I got to acccept at the moment is not what the wife say but a lack of Employment this winter (yea its winter :wink: ) Unexpected shock for neither of us to have had our contracts renewed for the winter. Yet they still what more staff :roll: dont look good on you CV trying to find a last minute job in the area you live. Especially when your qualified Chef wife is turned down by a restraraunt that employs three males to the positions on offer and hires a out of towner and two people from Japan and China who have to wait for there work Visa to be confirmed :evil: That is leaving a bitter taste in her mouth.

Not to happy with the lack of reasons from our employer, although not unexpected as they have this attitude of we are the only snow sports company in the north island, employ 800 extra staff in winter and if you dont like what we say then tough. Blunder by the HR manager in giving a preess release that "We enjoy taking on Locals as they are more inclined to return in following years" missed the bit about we still need to employ 100s of young overseas workers on holiday visass because we find them cheaper to employ than the local workforce.

Sorry about the rant, just puts a mocker on the Kiwi dream. The BX is going to be sitting in the Garage until the better times emerge as is its Mate sitting on the driveway awaiting its fate. Got two running cars the none BX is the cheaper to run.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Gonna gloss over the rest right now, but:
the none BX is the cheaper to run.
blimey. You are in a bad way.

Last time I was in a two-car situation, the 2005 Nissan Micra was costing £250 per month, just on the finance.

And the missus dared suggest I get rid of my then-BX (ex-Tim Leech wholly owned K-plate reliable 19TXD) to fund it :roll:
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hope it gets better for you Kiwi..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

stuart_hedges wrote:Gonna gloss over the rest right now, but:
the none BX is the cheaper to run.
blimey. You are in a bad way.

Last time I was in a two-car situation, the 2005 Nissan Micra was costing £250 per month, just on the finance.

And the missus dared suggest I get rid of my then-BX (ex-Tim Leech wholly owned K-plate reliable 19TXD) to fund it :roll:
Oh dear, you chould have got ride of her and kept the BX!
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Slight improvement ot the situation!

Wife mananged to locate the Only remaining Chef job in the local Ski area Support town. Only 20 hours per week but its better than nothing. Although speaking of nothing the Ski Areas have been unable to open this weekend :lol: Its a lovely blue ski day and a frost of -3c this morning. And if you guys have heard of Napier and Hastings known for its Winerys in the Hawkes Bay the hills near there are actually getting a heavy snow dumping :?
Meanwhile up on the ski area Mountain nada thing :shock: There is snow just not enough to cover the rocks on this Volcanic peak, they need a 1 metre base minimum.
So in a way we are feeling a bit happier in the knowledge at least my wife has soome work compare to what we would have been doing this week. Not out of the woods but the BX is the only car I have access to now so got to be usable.

I worked out our two cars running costs and I wish we could get the BX16RS back on the road for its fuel consumption. Basically on petrol the Pontiac $3 per 100km cheaper (thats over a quid) now I know why we still have that Korean version of the MKI Vauxhall Astra, that plus I like its handling in the snow :wink: