Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Convoy to the BX CHALLENGE !

Post by ren16tx »

Is anyone up for a convoy to the BX challenge?? :lol:
How about if we meet up at SOUTH MIMMS SERVICES on A1/M25 JUNCTION,
Ready to DEPART the services at 09.30am saturday morning (14th july)
Chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Be very careful. Any "group" of 5 or more cars in convoy, where the drivers either know each other, or there is some connection between them (like they're all BX's and started at the same place for instance) is legally referred to as a rally. Which means your insurance is probably invalid.

Car club outings almost always have to have some form of additional insurance for convoy / rally events (like car club days for example) as the members' own Social Domestic and Pleasure insurance specifically excludes use at a rally (any many other events)

People have come a cropper due to this in the past, as insurance companies will do (as we're all no-doubt aware) absolutely anything to get out of paying a claim.

Nice idea, but as I say... be careful as to just how organised it is.
this might be a signature
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

living in the land of over insurance we must do what we can in terms of not worrying. Also, being an old raver I remember the Criminal Justice Act - repetitive beats and more than twenty people = rave = crime. I'm up for any sort of convoy though will be coming from Midlands area will hook on the back, No.39 :D
Last edited by toddao on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

As I will be heaing from the other end of the country shall we have us a Convoy from up t'north?
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I'll just be coming down for the day on Sunday.
Planning on a 5 am start from deepest, darkest, Lancs, for the 184 mile trip over the M62 and straight down the A1. Should be there around breakfast time...if any of you "camp people" are planning on coffee & bacon butties! :wink:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I'm probably going to head up on the Friday afternoon/evening, starting from Bromley (therefore the Orpington exit from the M25). Anyone from the south who's considering following a similar route should PM me for a phone number.

My companion will answer my mobile phone from the passenger seat while I'm driving.
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Hopefuly,I'll be heading down the A1 from Gods Own County [Yorkshire] "sometime Saturday morning" ....in a battered grey "K" plate TZD with a white trailer tent on the back.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

mountainmanUK wrote: ...if any of you "camp people" are planning on coffee & bacon butties! :wink:
Look for the grey tzd & blue/white trailer tent ......plenty of coffee matey,it depends how the BBQ goes on saturday night as to whether theres owt left to put in a buttie though. :wink:
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

perhaps we should call it an "unofficial" convoy!, we're just meeting up and going for a drive! if lots of BX's turned up, we could stagger the convoy,but,judging by the amount of VW/Mini convoys ect you see,they gather without problems,providing everyone is aware this is not an official convoy,no one person is responsible,then lets get out and enjoy ourselves,life's to short!
Be great to have a Northern convoy,meeting near the Rally,and perhaps a meeting point up the A1 for the Midlands to join in? :?: :idea: :roll:
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

I'll be setting off at about 9.30ish Sunday.If I happen to come across another BX on my way down,I'll probably follow it :wink:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Barnsley BXer wrote:If I happen to come across another BX on my way down,I'll probably follow it :wink:
And probably end up at a village church with a bemused old boy wondering why you were following him!!! :lol:

Be sure to come and find me Dean, it's long overdue that we met!!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I'll be setting off at about 9.30ish Sunday.If I happen to come across another BX on my way down,I'll probably follow it
I really hope that you don't come across my BX, Dean!
It would mean that I must have broken down, as I'm expecting to arrive at the site before you set off! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Terry....the bacon aint essential mate! Can't same the same fer't coffee!
I'll be sure to look for yer stripey tent thingy! :wink:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

So are doing 2 days or just one guys just so I know.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

docchevron1472 wrote:
Barnsley BXer wrote:If I happen to come across another BX on my way down,I'll probably follow it :wink:
And probably end up at a village church with a bemused old boy wondering why you were following him!!! :lol:

Be sure to come and find me Dean, it's long overdue that we met!!
I'll find you Doc,there's one or two that I'd like to meet.
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Good man! You cant miss me, I'm balding and will have a bottle of beer in hand! and a fag in mouth (er, thats a cigarette, just to avoid confusion like :shock: ).

Tim, since Dean and Dave will be setting off on SUNDAY I reckon they will only be there for one day, unless they leave Sunday and use Quantom mechanics to construct a time machine to go back one day (although as Sam Beckett wil tell you, it's very hard, nay, impossible to control where you go and what time you end up in, and for how long)..

If you look in the thread below this one, people have specified who is camping (thats drinking beer, sleeping in a tent etc. Not Doing a "Julian Clarey") and who is day tripping (thats coming for the day, not eating magic mushrooms)...

Hope that cleasr things up! :wink:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...