Convoy to the BX CHALLENGE !

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ok no worries Sunday it is then?
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

ren16tx wrote:judging by the amount of VW/Mini convoys ect you see,they gather without problems,
If they're organised by an owners club where you have to pay a membership fee, then you can almost guarantee that the required insurance is in place. It's apparently not actually that expensive.

AFAIK the point of this lack of cover is to discourage "cruises" where half-a-hundered modified (IE plastic crap on a corsa) cars cruise around town all night, and then egged-on by their mates, one of them drives like a penis down the high-street, and kills half-a-dozen bystanders.

The main "get around" for this problem is that if one person has a problem, breaks down, is pulled over, or has an accident etc. DON'T all stop to help. One or two people, yes, but everyone else just keep going. That way, you weren't in a convoy.... right? What other BX's?

I won't be making this event, unfortunately. Maybe next year with a fully restored Digit.
this might be a signature
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I should be travelling from Stratford on avon on Saturday morning, I think my route will be down the A14 but will check nearer the time, once upon a time a number of BXs travelling together just meant the local taxi firm were having a day out :shock:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Stewart (oily!) wrote: .................once upon a time a number of BXs travelling together just meant the local taxi firm were having a day out :shock:
Stewart
I was gonna print some of those "flyers" out for the meet ......but then I thought ......"Whey,'ang on,I aint seen another BX since Wetherby" :? :roll: *
[*Dean/BBX'ers car excluded]
{In my best "camp" voice} ....."Hmmm ....... It's not easy being the only BX in the vi-llage you know"
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

:?: so,who's coming on the (unofficial!)convoy??!! :?: :idea:
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

We have our own little unofficial convoy from the midlands, comprising of Owen in the TGS, Mulley in his GTi and myself in the 16v, maybe we can meet up enroute some of more nothern members.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

I don't know if I'll be travelling down with Ken(I haven't spoken to him yet)but meeting up depends on which way you're going.M1,Worksop by-pass,A1 for me
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Any thoughts Ken,Curtis,anybody else?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I was thinking M1 A14 is the most direct route for us so we could meet at the servioces on the M1 at Junction 21 maybe?c
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'll be there, seeing as I'm local(ish) to you. And I'll be leaving on the Saturday and Julian Clarying it up over the weekend.

Damn I need to buy a tent :shock:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

tim leech wrote:I was thinking M1 A14 is the most direct route for us so we could meet at the servioces on the M1 at Junction 21 maybe?c
I don't know if I'll be travelling down with Ken(I haven't spoken to him yet)but meeting up depends on which way you're going.M1,Worksop by-pass,A1 for me
Miss this one,did you?Maybe we could meet up somewhere before the venue,I'll have to look at my map
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Im planning on tootling down on the Saturday and will travel from Liverpool, under Manchester, out through stockport, across the peak district on the A623 to Chesterfield, then crossing the M1 and continueing to Newark, then down the A1 to Godmanchester.

For me this is a 3 hour journey and a fun, interesting route. Its a weekend in the BX and not a cruise down a motorway. Times wise i expect to leave liverpool at 9am reach chesterfield at about 11am, peterborough about mid day and after a stop off at Tesco's i'll probably arrive on site at about 1pm Saturday.

by my reckoning this route will the of interest to most of the northern members and should provide some nice easy pplaces to meet up! You can PM me for my mobile if you wish to join me on this route, and i will likely have my CB radio with me as well and will let you know an expected chennel closer to the time. The route can be downloaded for Microsoft Autoroute format from here;

http://www.bxproject.co.uk/downloads/cccnational.axe

and i'll put up more on the expected route and directions/stops on the bx project;

http://www.bxproject.co.uk

If your interested in joining this route, or wish for small changes (direction or time) then contact me directly!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Seems like an nice road to drive mate, but that would involve me driving 170 miles to meet you!

So I guess I'll see ya there!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Don't forget to take loads of pictures dudes and post them up on here.
Vauxhall apologist.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

cavmad wrote:Don't forget to take loads of pictures dudes and post them up on here.
Already planned mate! :D
Wifey bought me a new 1gb memory card for my camera today!!!