Wanted BX heater motor or heater motor brushes

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Wanted BX heater motor or heater motor brushes

Post by talbotsteve »

Hi, as above really needed as my brushes have worn down to the wire and no longer function, could take a good complete motor if you have one?.....cheap?
Wouldn't bother me so much but with this weather i'm getting fed up of clearing the screen with a towel!!!!
Cheers Steve
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

You may be able to make brushes by getting some of a similar size (domestic appliance etc) and cutting to the correct size.
M

Post by M »

I have a heater blower unit rolling round the boot of my car which if anyone can pick up and get to you you could have.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Try taking one of the old brushes down to your local washing machine repair guy! if he knows his stuff he will find one that can be cut/filed into shape to fit! A darn sight cheaper than buying "new"!
Alternatively, if you have a friendly alternator/starter reconditioning workshop, try the same thing.
At worst you may need to do a little bit of soldering, but that's no big deal :shock:
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Marty wrote:I have a heater blower unit rolling round the boot of my car which if anyone can pick up and get to you you could have.
Don't forget it's for a Mk1 so it's not a straight swap but the motor might fit :wink:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE