Probs with my email so this is now me!

Anything about BXs
mike st gilles
BXpert

Probs with my email so this is now me!

Post by mike st gilles »

Formerly, St Gilles.
As you might be able to work out by my new name.
Just thought I'd let everyone know that due to probs with the email address on the French car Forum I got 'banned' (seems it doesn't like the hotmail address I'd been using for the last 2 years). Anyway I thought I'd try and forestall any probs on this one and as if by magic I couldn't get back in again..so I've had to return in another guise so to speak.....only posting this in case anyone needs to pm me.
Also just to explain the st gilles bit is nothing to do with anything 'posh' or 'owt, it just happens to be the name of the nearest village in france to my place over there.
Good to be back on here...started to get withdrawal symptoms.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Isn't the registration on FCF sorted now?

Let me know if not and I'll give it another bash.
We seem to be having a few problems there at present but most have been ironed out I thought.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Alan, no its not as I can't get into the site at all.It says I'm banned and I can't even lookat the site at the moment...thanks for the other email add. Might just have to be patient...no probs as long as I can get onto this one.
Mike
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Mike,

Send me your IP number and I'll see if it's got caught in a spammer net.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Mike,

Check your PMs, I think I've sorted it. That was the answer alright. I'm trying to get some info that will allow me to wipe out these spammers using a lot less time and effort than it currently needs.
As you may be aware, our "Broadband" was ecently referred to by someone as "Fraudband" due to it's lack of speed and performance. It seems we have one of the slowest networks in the world with places like Somalia well ahead of us, so at times I need to take drastic measures to eliminate these bloody pests and occasionally I catch out one of our members.
You must be showing a commonly used IP# by spammers as there were quite a few similar ones on there that had been taken out straight from the spammers posts.

Alan S
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Many thanks to Alan for his work on my behalf re the FCF; now sorted thanks again, Alan.
Mike