Where's the BXpress post gone?

Anything about BXs
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Where's the BXpress post gone?

Post by Barnsley BXer »

As above.After an excellent article by Martyand some good old politiical debate,the above post has disappeared :evil: :evil: :evil: Has T.Blair and co got access to the net and pulled the thread?Whatever happened to freedom of speach?Big Brother is watching you :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Barnsley...the BXpress was getting too political and I was largely to blame. I was at my computer most of the day and answered most anything that came up.

Guess mod removed it. He's not wrong, this is the BX forum, not one for debate.

I'm thinking of starting a forum for poltical debate. Interested?
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Must have missed something while I was at work :evil: :evil: :evil: Yes I'm interested in a forum for political debate :wink: :D :D :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Barnsley...OK, it'll take a few days to set up.

I'll host it outside UK so our friends who watch our every move won't be able to do much about it.

When it's done I'll post a link in this forum.

Terry
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

As Terry said it was getting a bit too political so I took the decision to remove it. The debate was good but not on here :wink:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Fair comment. And accepted fully.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

OK,fine.But in the future,would it be possible to give reasons why a particular thread has been "pulled" for us that don't have access to this forum whilst at work :evil: :evil: :evil:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Religion and politics have no place on this forum, we argue enough over cars and wheetrims without adding fuel to the fire :wink:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:Religion and politics have no place on this forum, we argue enough over cars and wheetrims without adding fuel to the fire :wink:
Who's argued over wheel trims?
Right, on to someone whose opinion on this matter, err, matters. Mr B, respect your decision and hadn't realise it had got to out of hand sorry though agree with Dean that a message might be good to say where it had gone.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Well, fair enough I guess, and ok this might be a car forum, but politics affects us all. Personally I think it was the best thread thats been on here for ages. But then I am very political, in a very right wing, capitol punishment kinda way.

Terry, YES! Believe it or not I was talking to my best mate about a forum for political debate this very afternoon, I'm in!

I also agree with Dean, since I seem to be at work whenever somebody blows up on here, or the sky caves in, a note to say it's gone and why would be good I think.

Tim, religion has no place anywhere. Politics should have a place everywhere, it affects us all, like it or not. The thread may have become a political hotbed, but it's good that people get passionate about politics still. If they didn't, we'd all be even more screwed than we are now.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

docchevron1472 wrote:Well, fair enough I guess, and ok this might be a car forum, but politics affects us all. Personally I think it was the best thread thats been on here for ages. But then I am very political, in a very right wing, capitol punishment kinda way.

Terry, YES! Believe it or not I was talking to my best mate about a forum for political debate this very afternoon, I'm in!

I also agree with Dean, since I seem to be at work whenever somebody blows up on here, or the sky caves in, a note to say it's gone and why would be good I think.

Tim, religion has no place anywhere. Politics should have a place everywhere, it affects us all, like it or not. The thread may have become a political hotbed, but it's good that people get passionate about politics still. If they didn't, we'd all be even more screwed than we are now.
Hammer. Nail. Head.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)