Really, what IS the best colour for a BX?...

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Really, what IS the best colour for a BX?...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

And, the worst?

My favourite is silver for the saloon and (metallic) green for the estate...

My least favourite (not meaning to offend - after all. it's a matter of taste!) is dark blue...

I had a GSX in that 'Sunny Delight' Orange. I wonder if I could get a BX done in that?! Can you imagine? Which brings me to another query - was yellow ever an option???
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

It was in Bournemouth, working there a few years ago, Yellow BX taxis and even XMs. :evil:

There was also a K reg Estate knocking around Lincoln & Newark areas a couple of years back in Yellow. Seems this firm had it done specially as they were maintaining the hand dryers and soap thingy's in the little chefs.

Saw it a few times so one day we pulled up and asked.

As for best colour, its well known by anyone who frequents the auctions RED is the best colour. If it hasn't got radio,sunroof, abs, long MOT,service history, one owner, its " BEST COLOUR" always Red. :)

Worst colour, for me I think is the PALE metalic blue! probably because I had a bad one once.
They think it's all over, it is now!
citroenxm
Confirmed BX'er

Post by citroenxm »

RED unfortunally fades, no matter what car its on.

YES, I always wanted a RED GTi, or TZD Turbo, but I have to agree with Silver, and Of course the ultimate is BLACK!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, I do have a Black one too!... See: http://homepage.mac.com/macksy/PhotoAlbum5.html
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
citroenxm
Confirmed BX'er

Post by citroenxm »

Yes and THAT IS STUNNING!!!!

My black one was as nice as that one but not polised, and I put 16v alloys on mine...

Unfortunally it retired about 4 years ago with 176,000miles on it.

Vanny MIGHT know its were abouts now.. REG: H566 HBU, black 17TZD Turbo.. I Loved it!
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

The best has to be the colour of Jon's on our logo 8) (Thats mine in the background btw!)

Worst I think is light beige, not the most flattering, sorry Richard :oops:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

If we're looking at appearance and not trade colour perception, I'd vote for white - it suits the BX very well. Red too, but requires constant work to keep it up to scratch, and metallic green or blue are smart too.

I've got a strange affection for the beigy BX, as I owned one, but was not impresssed by a metallic gold one I saw in a scrapyard - a bit too much BX bling for my taste.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
M

Post by M »

BLACK
BLACK
BLACK
BLACK
BLACK

Oh yes, lovely Shiny Shiny BLACK
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Marty wrote:BLACK
BLACK
BLACK
BLACK
BLACK

Oh yes, lovely Shiny Shiny BLACK
Come live in the tropics with that colour, but you have to promise not to have it air conditioned.
Not that it matters, because you'll cook on top and freeze below. (Old saying..."more wrinkles than inches") :shock: :shock: :twisted:

Alan S :lol:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Got to be RED RED RED Mine is red but yes it does take some looking after Look at my avatar i had just polished her :lol:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

White looks good but is high maintainance, black looks mean, red fades, my MK1 was gold metallic, surprisingly easy to keep clean, I rather fancied a grey metallic one myself, its tricky. I usually take what fate deals me :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Silver or black favourite for me, worse has to be either light metallic blue (someone round the corner has a met. blue estate and it looks awful) or that sort of beige colour.
White is fairly high maintenance but as I use my BX as a tool for transporting my football team plus all kinds of crap I don`t bother cleaning it that much. Having said that my Merc is black and it`s an absolute b*st*rd to keep clean :cry:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im sure im in a minority but I actually like white! Im in the motor trade and know its the kiss of death these days but my firs cat was a TZS in white, and when polished up well I thought looked lovely with the contrasting greay trim and bumper strips, and it was much easier to keep clean than my current one.

Worst colour? I dont realy know as Im such a fan there wouldnt be a colour I would say no too!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Oh and by the way it was a heavy night last :? night hence the appauling typing!

Tim
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

FAVOURITES (IN ORDER): Red, Black and White. The dark Purple/red aubergine type colour is very nice too. I think it was called something like morello red?

HATE!: Triton GREEN! (Hurricane colour)
Over and out from me