Nice TZD, factory alloys! V Rare

Anything about BXs
Culasse

Post by Culasse »

Are they perhaps the pepper pot alloys fitted to Peugeot 205s and similar ??
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

citroenxm wrote:Silver one on TOP link put mine to shame ALTHOUGH the rust does not exsist on mine and it has 12 months MOT. Mine would have looked better with alloys, but I aint spending any more on it.

Cavmad, you couldn't be naughty and just try bidding the car up a bit more could you :lol: :D

Happily providing you post a seperate message up on here asking if anyone is going to bid on it, I don`t want to push the price up for one of the gang.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Culasse wrote:Are they perhaps the pepper pot alloys fitted to Peugeot 205s and similar ??
No, I`m 99% certain they were never fitted to a Peugot 205. The 205 pepper pots looked different to those and are also (in 1.6 form) to be avoided. They have a `solid centre` (i.e no hole) and therefore have to be balanced on the car which is a right royal pain in the arse and not many places have the facilities to do that now.
Vauxhall apologist.
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

Is it a banger? somebody asked. I think so - lots of corrosion around the front top door hinges, and I'm willing to bet there would be a sizeable hole in the sill if you gave the rust spot at the back of the rear door a good prod. Doubt that will be easy to nice to repair....

Probably more of a spares car (and perhaps why it hasn't been MOT'd?)
I NEED a BX TD.