GT is coming out of its coma:attention Stuart :-)

Anything about BXs
adamskibx
BXpert

GT is coming out of its coma:attention Stuart :-)

Post by adamskibx »

I have had a good crack at the GT this weekend, and have managed to make it BX shaped again:-) I seem to have selected the wrong side of spare indicator lense when at Davids some time ago (I cant remember whether I had one of each now so ill have to go hunting round my shed), so thats not in yet, and the headlamp needs some securing thingy's but im please to see it looking better. The oil leak will have to be done in an evening in the week as the MOT is on Thursday at 1.30. Ive taken Thursday off work to do this and go to a car auction with a mate who needs his first car (at 24!). As you can see, ive rescued the cracked bonnet. I basicaly ground out the cracks so they were more like dents and filled them, and painted over it all, masking off the GT badge onwards in a perfect line. Its not a pro job by a long way, but its looking a damn site sexier :) I took some pictures:

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice work Adam, that looks pretty good to me.
Vauxhall apologist.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

=D> =D> =D> Bravo Adam!! Looks cracking. Stu, where are you?? :)

Mark.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Cheers guys. I just hope the mechanical bits go as well! I have done it in the wrong order in a way, but I suppose it gives me some motivation and hope because at leaset theres a reasonable looking car to take to an MOT so its worth doing the other bits etc. I was really lucky to get the paint actually as the guy in Halfords said he had to break the law and use lead based paint to make it up :shock: I think its slightly too dark as they would only do EWA paint not "EWA cs" but its good enough.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well done matey, you still awaing for the headlamp adjusters to fit that lamp in as it seems set back quite far!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Yeah Tim. I thought id just pop the light on the bumper to get an idea of what it will actually look like. The bar behind the bumper is still a bit out of shape but I managed to bend it so that all the fixing holes for the bumper screws are in the right place etc, and then I re shaped the bumper by heating it with a hair dryer and bending it back into shape :)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

:oops:

my fault about the headlight fixings. I'll sort it in the morning.
They think it's all over, it is now!
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Cheers Ken. No worries, I hadnt said there was a short timescale and it was me that booked it in for an MOT early to force myself to get things done, so that ive got enough time to book a retake if it fails before the CCC.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: GT is coming out of its coma:attention Stuart :-)

Post by DavidRutherford »

adamskibx wrote:I seem to have selected the wrong side of spare indicator lense when at Davids some time ago
Nope... you definitely had the Driver-side indicator lens. I remember taking it off the car for you, and had already seen a picture of the damaged car, so knew which side it was...

Wotcha done with it then??!! :lol:

And yes, that car does look massively better than it did before.
this might be a signature
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Oh dear. Cheers David! I thought we double checked it. Ive obviously found a random one around. Ill have a good look for the propper one tomorrow!
classic2cv
BXpert

Post by classic2cv »

=D> =D> =D> well done Adam!! =D> =D> =D>
Citroen BX

Origami in plastic and steel

^^ ^^^^bx>
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Looks very good, you should be proud of it compared to what it used to look like. :)
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Nice work mate, that looks really good.

I look forward to viewing it in a drunken haze at the national!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

looking forward to see it!
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Lugs are on their way :)
They think it's all over, it is now!