Phil's BX - 16 TGS auto saloon 1990

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Phil's BX - 16 TGS auto saloon 1990

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I picked this up after it had been advertised on the forum for a while. It is a very low mileage (25.9k when I bought it) and in very clean original condition.

It is the closest to owning a new BX I'll ever get and intend to keep it in tip top order for years to come. It's just got another MOT with no problems and a thorough check in and under reveals no issues worthy of attention yet (fingers crossed). This car was purchased in 1990 replacing another BX by an RAF chap and his wife and benefits from having had PAS fitted by the local Citroen dealership a few months after delivery. The car had been fully maintained by the dealership, and all records are there, neatly ordered, in true military style from the original dealership letters and sales invoice etc. The service book's fully stamped too. Sadly he died a while ago and the car saw little service for a few months before I bought it. Illustrating the care this car has received in it's past, the spare tyre is unused and wrapped in a plastic sack (!) with the pristine jack kept in the boot. Only have a few dog hairs to remove from the rear carpet (no smell though, luckily) and that's about it. I've since fitted matching rear headrests and a new set of Citroen mudflaps on the rear.

It even came with four new tyres, and a full tank of fuel. Now why didn't someone else grab it before I did? I was very pleased to take ownership...

Last edited by Philip Chidlow on Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
M

Post by M »

Wow :!:
Just how long did you spend cleaning that?

Nice 8)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

TBH a couple of hours. It was pretty clean when I picked her up. But prior to the National she's getting the full Maguires treatment 8) :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lovely car phil, I have one just like it (I wish)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

We should pair 'em up at the National, Tim 8) 8) 8)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lol ownes bringing the TGS down but yours will put it to shame Phil!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lol owens bringing the TGS down but yours will put it to shame Phil!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I heard you the first time, Tim :lol: :wink: :roll:

I don't know about that - it looks like your TGS wears her age really well...

Are you bringing Patch then?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yep Im bringing mine along, 160hp is alot compared to a 14TGE! The white BX phil is whats known as a 10 footer! :lol: Looks great from a distance, and in the dark, and when its raining........ oh and when I forget to wear my specs!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

We'll park at least ten foot apart then. Sorted. :D
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

That car looks lovely Phil! :D (Without any Photoshopping! :wink: )
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Guaranteed Photoshop-free :D
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Phil I must say this would be my favourite BX. The original condition, low mileage and only one previous owner is just what a classic car needs.
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
TouaregUK
Confirmed BX'er

I did when I called you had already bought it Touareguk

Post by TouaregUK »

Philip Chidlow wrote:I picked this up after it had been advertised on the forum for a while. It is a very low mileage (25.9k when I bought it) and in very clean original condition.

It is the closest to owning a new BX I'll ever get and intend to keep it in tip top order for years to come. It's just got another MOT with no problems and a thorough check in and under reveals no issues worthy of attention yet (fingers crossed). This car was purchased in 1990 replacing another BX by an RAF chap and his wife and benefits from having had PAS fitted by the local Citroen dealership a few months after delivery. The car had been fully maintained by the dealership, and all records are there, neatly ordered, in true military style from the original dealership letters and sales invoice etc. The service book's fully stamped too. Sadly he died a while ago and the car saw little service for a few months before I bought it. Illustrating the care this car has received in it's past, the spare tyre is unused and wrapped in a plastic sack (!) with the pristine jack kept in the boot. Only have a few dog hairs to remove from the rear carpet (no smell though, luckily) and that's about it. I've since fitted matching rear headrests and a new set of Citroen mudflaps on the rear.

It even came with four new tyres, and a full tank of fuel. Now why didn't someone else grab it before I did? I was very pleased to take ownership...

Lawrence
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

:?: I suppose there's a reason why this has been copied and reposted over a year later without follow up text? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto