BX 16 TXS near Taunton Somerset; Interested?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

OK, OK :lol: offtop:c

So, anyone interested in this low miles BX? :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

My friend just told me she would love a bx like mine ...I adviced her to look for one with not too many miles and few previous owners.
But she is a girl who has not much knowledge of mechanics. Would this be the wrong car? It has not been used for 7 years ...would it need lots of small repairs ?
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I would drive the car and have look, being a auto you need to make sure that works ok, the ZF box is smooth and shouldnt hesitate or jerk, if you do buy it the first thing it will need is new tyres (as mentioned), change all the fluids and do a cambelt service to make sure!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

cacaolat wrote:My friend just told me she would love a bx like mine Would this be the wrong car?
I think so.

This is really a project car. Some of the repairs might not be that small. Many things seized up and rusted.

There are still plenty of really good examples around, it would be better for someone with little or no skills to pay a bit more and get one thats been loved and maintained.

I'm not trying to deliberately put anyone off this car. After all I haven't seen it and it could be a first class example.

Just trying to be realistic.
They think it's all over, it is now!
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Thank you, yes that sounds like it could be the case.
It would still be nice to see some photos of the car
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I would SO love this car but Ive got 2 already, surely someone can find a home for it?
Mr_Womble

Taunton BX

Post by Mr_Womble »

OK this may liven things up a bit?! The car [b]can't[/b] stay where it is for more than a week now, so if anyone is prepared to take it away (remember it will probably need towing and tyres that hold air) then make me an offer! I will be at the car's location (between Taunton and Minehead) from this Thursday until Sunday pm.

I guess it seems a bit of a gamble, but all I can say is it used to be a very nice car!!!

Tony.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Anyone?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Someone should take this on. Anybody?
Vauxhall apologist.
Mr_Womble

BX near Taunton

Post by Mr_Womble »

Oh dear, no one wants it! The problem is that it MUST be gone from the driveway it is in by next Thursday (12th). Since no one has been able to respond positively, I have regrettably started to arrange for it to be towed away for scrap!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sad. I guess a car that's stood for seven years will be, as Ken says, a project with many things needing to be put right. If there was a chance of pics (what colour/interior etc?) and a description of condition someone might choose it as a donor car?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

PM sent. Ive got all of next week off so will see what I can do may involve me going down on the train again lol. You know me I hate to see a decent car scrapped. But it depends if I can get it started or now.

Anyone want to volunteer to drive me to taunton! :shock:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Quite a trek Tim, how viable would a train or even possibly a plane be? Some internal flights can be cheap I believe and if there's an airport handy for both of you pretty quick I'd imagine too?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I would take the train Billy as im not the best flyer in the worls, its all dependent on the car being a runner. If it hasnt been run for 7 years it could be seized up wihich would make it unviable for me.

Fingers crossed!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Go Tim! :D