1989 BX 19 DTR for parts.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

1989 BX 19 DTR for parts.

Post by DavidRutherford »

Picked up yesterday for the massive sum of £0. I was robbed blind!

It is, quite possibly, the tattyest BX I have ever seen, possibly even in the world. Calling it a "shed" would be degrading to wooden outbuldings. The interior is foul. The exterior (white) is fairly horrid too.

I got it as it has a good front subframe, and I want to swap it for the front subframe in my MK1 GT Digit. I'm also having the pump and P/R to make a sphere tester.

Other than that, I don't think there's much else I want from it. So does anyone else want anything? Mechanically it's in surprisingly good order. Engine/Box/Suspension/Steering all seems fine. It's recently had a cambelt, and the oil/water are all clean.
Electric windows and sunroof all work, as does the central locking. It has a good set of lamps, and everything appears to work.

Any takers? all parts are free, and I will post if wanted.
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hi mate what are the 3/4 windows like as both mine are cracked?

Tim
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The plastic windows in the c-pillar? They seem OK.. a little worn, with some scratches, but certainly in one piece.

You're welcome to them, but how do you get them out without damaging them? The bonding goop used on MK2 models is far better than the MK1's, and so not only do they not fall out, but they're very hard to get out even when you want to.
this might be a signature
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Tim, if you need 2 rear smoked plastic window thingys. Simply send me a cheque for £16 and your address and I will send you 2 brand new ones. :)
They think it's all over, it is now!