Parking Sensors?

Anything about BXs
Way2go
Over 2k

Parking Sensors?

Post by Way2go »

Just had this email from Maplin - could be of interest to those who have others drive their beloved BX's :? :

Maplin Easy Fit 4 Sensor Reversing System

A25FH 4 Sens Reversing Kit
Now £34.99

• 4-rear sensor reversing system for cars and light commercial vehicles
• 4 in-bumper sensors give corner and rear protection.
• Uses ultrasonics to measure the distance between your car and obstacles
• Visual and audible warning countdown on the display
• 3 distinct tones notify you of the distance to an object

Take the guess work out of parking! How often are you 100% confident when you are reversing that there is no child, person or object in your path? Have you had trouble when you are parking because you know there is something behind you, but as you get closer you can no longer see it? This kits will help take the guess work out of parking. The kit also includes a control box, display, wiring and a bit to drill the holes for the in-bumper sensors. Simply connect into the reversing light wiring and every time you put you car into reverse the sensors will be activated
1991 BX19GTi Auto
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

aghhh we had them fitted to the vans at work last winter! Often used the switch off mode :shock:

Sliding down between cars narrowly parked in the car parks with bloody beep going of every second and best of all when bit of mud or snow covered a sensor. Classic if your parked near a cone or bollard as you hunt the person down thats stood behind you, not realising its the bollard.

Yep great safety aid but so is a pair of eyes ears and mirrors.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: Parking Sensors?

Post by docchevron »

Way2go wrote: How often are you 100% confident when you are reversing that there is no child, person or object in your path?
If I'm not assured of a kill I dont even bother engaging reverse! :wink: :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Re: Parking Sensors?

Post by tim leech »

Way2go wrote:Just had this email from Maplin - could be of interest to those who have others drive their beloved BX's :? :

Maplin Easy Fit 4 Sensor Reversing System

A25FH 4 Sens Reversing Kit
Now £34.99

• 4-rear sensor reversing system for cars and light commercial vehicles
• 4 in-bumper sensors give corner and rear protection.
• Uses ultrasonics to measure the distance between your car and obstacles
• Visual and audible warning countdown on the display
• 3 distinct tones notify you of the distance to an object

Take the guess work out of parking! How often are you 100% confident when you are reversing that there is no child, person or object in your path? Have you had trouble when you are parking because you know there is something behind you, but as you get closer you can no longer see it? This kits will help take the guess work out of parking. The kit also includes a control box, display, wiring and a bit to drill the holes for the in-bumper sensors. Simply connect into the reversing light wiring and every time you put you car into reverse the sensors will be activated

I dont let any women drive my cars :D Plus have a towbar to act as early warning system!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Towbars rock even if you don't use them. Bet whoever invented parking sensors is sitting on a fortune now, what with all those dizzy bints in 4x4s and MPVs doing the school run.
Vauxhall apologist.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Only really need them if u have a car which has horrendous visabiity i.e. 4x4's & vans which dont have rear windows....
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

MULLEY wrote:Only really need them if you have a car which has horrendous visabiity ... vans which dont have rear windows.
Only if you can't reverse on mirrors. 19' van, no rear windows, and no need for parking sensors.

I'll stick my neck out and say that the only people who need parking sensors are people who cannot control a vehicle properly.
this might be a signature
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'll back that up. If you have a car and need parking sensors, you can't park.

I did find they were handy in an LDV convoy with no rear windows though. I had mirrors which were fine for normal reversing, but sometimes had to back as close to things as I could to turn around in a tight road, or park against a wall, and the sensors save you getting out and seeing how much room you've got, as a rear step plate leaves a nasty mark in someones bumper.

Mind you, they didn't work half the time because people reversed the vans into things anyway, which broke the sensors. So I just reversed until something stopped me usually.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)