Really, what IS the best colour for a BX?...

Anything about BXs
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

Black looks the nuts when its spangly shiny! but i really prefer dark grey metalic or triton green,
everyone sais that red fades so quickly, but if you put any bold colour under the same conditions it will fade at exactly the same rate! (one of my pet hates when people say red fades so fast with out actually knowing!!! rant over sorry for any offence caused!)
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I think your all missing the best colour!

IVORY!

Its an awesome colour, you'll get parking tickets and MOT's with everything from white to brown on them, you'll practically never see any other car in the colour except for the odd Merc, and best of all there is always plenty of polish/spray paint in the right colour because no one buys it!

Add some rust and you have yourself the closest thing to skip, making it virtually un stealable and a proper street sleeper!

Maybe i should get my 16v sprayed :D
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Ah, the ivory BX! I was trying to remember the correct name for it. Agreeing with Vanny, nobody takes the slightest bit of notice of a BX in that colour - which has its advantages. Mind you, I parked the white TZi estate I was running last year in a supermarket car park and in a fit of absent-mindedness LEFT THE KEYS IN THE IGNITION in daylight.

30 minutes later it was still there, untouched.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Yup those Ivory ones sure put the B in bland :) badly faded red ones blend into most urban backgrounds too. dirty white is nearly as good.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Vanny wrote: IVORY!
I call it "Hearing Aid Beige" :wink:
1991 Landrover Discovery
1995 VW Golf SE
M

Post by M »

Mr B wrote:
Vanny wrote: IVORY!
I call it "Hearing Aid Beige" :wink:
Presenting My Maestro - in Hearing Aid Beige...
Why would you want a car this colour?
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

To match your hearing aid?

Edit: I don't of course mean YOUR hearing aid.... just in general, if you (anyone) had one...
this might be a signature
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Im not keen on beige cars myself. Dark colours, in my opinion, make the BX look less dated, making it look less angular, everything blends in etc..oh you know what I mean. One of my fav's is triton green...possibly biased..I've also seen BX in same met ice blue as my ZX and quite like that also.
2007 Sportka
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I absolutely can't bear white - I think it only works on small cars. So why did I buy a white CX? Ho hum...

I had a black GSA once and I've never seen another. I think it really suited it - most Gs were in cheery seventies colours, or hearing aid beige.

For a BX it's got to be triton green!
everyone sais that red fades so quickly, but if you put any bold colour under the same conditions it will fade at exactly the same rate! (one of my pet hates when people say red fades so fast with out actually knowing!!! rant over sorry for any offence caused!)
Explain please? People say that because you see so many faded red cars around. Is it because it's more noticable?

I saw a terrible one the other day, very late AX which was almost white in places.
M

Post by M »

stuart_hedges wrote:I had a black GSA once and I've never seen another. I think it really suited it - most Gs were in cheery seventies colours, or hearing aid beige...

One Stealth GSA
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Damn, you've blown my "unique GSA" theory in a matter of minutes!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Having fairly recently gained a spraygun and compressor and becoming a tad tired of polishing the eternally dirty white car I really fancied doing a stealth number on the TZD, matt black all over, it would look mean but it might reduce its value?
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

If you have never sprayed before all i can say is practice practice practice as once you start on your car its a lot harder to correct mistakes use old doors or bonnets from a breakers that way it does not matter.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

depends entirely on who you sell it to. Personally, I think a matt black car is rather cool, and am thinking of doing it to the 405. (although I do think using blackboard paint a-la GSA above is taking it a bit far!)
this might be a signature
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I used to have a matt black Mini with wide wheels and fat tyres, a few spots up in front of the chrome grille, black spats and black rear light bars. It had black interior (Corbeau seats I seem to remember) and that looked cool.

But I was a lot younger... Trouble the steering failed twice - first time I ended up in a veg stall in Kentish Town (á la Sweeny!) and second as I was parking. Got it fixed up by a half-blind Trinidadian under some arches and - voila! Sold it to a Nigerian who was going to give it as a gift to his son.

Obviously wanted him dead, then! :wink:

Thing is some cars will look cool in matt balck. Unfortunately I don't think the BX (and an estate more so) is one of them... A CX maybe, or even an AX GT? Personally, I think the answer would be to get a big old Yank and do that up - together with tinted windows. Like in the film, Duel!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v