Desperately seeking (front pivot) shaft

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Desperately seeking (front pivot) shaft

Post by DLM »

Tom and I are stuck replacing my offside front arm pivot shaft - and so is the shaft. I suspect the shaft and suspension bushes have been on the car the full 180,000 miles. Craft, cunning and finally violence have been attempted, all to no avail.

Does anyone near Southampton have a shaft sitting in their parts pile we could use urgently? It is the 16mm type as fitted to all BXs post-85.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Sorry mate, the only ones I have are FUBAR, due to removal.
They are available from Citroën main stealers for not alot. I got mine next day.
That said, I still haven't donr the valver for similar reasons, they're stuck to the subframe...

Best of luck!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Thanks anyway, Doc - will be ordering today. Weighing up the grief so far, the further grief involved in bush removal and then inserting new bushes (no press), suspect I will be looking for new arms.

Update: Solved temporarily pending arrival of new pivot shaft by combination of considerable effort, hacksaw, hammers, angle grinder and a length of M16 stud. Many thanks to Tom for his sterling efforts.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.