GT Going on Ebay in 4 days

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
adamskibx
BXpert

GT Going on Ebay in 4 days

Post by adamskibx »

Unless someone tells me they can take it away definately. If Ebay fails, it will have to be cubed.
thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey man where are ya? down south?
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No way jose! Dont be daft Adam, theres no way you can scrap that.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Adam......if there was any cheap way for me to get this car up North, I would gladly take it mate! I've been looking for another cheap (or free) project for a couple of weeks, but not found anything suitable, except for a couple which either needed too much work or the sellers wanted way over the top money for a car that wasn't worth it!
Your Mk1 GT is a rare BX...and should DEFINITELY stay with an owner that understands the "specialness (?)) of it!! :wink:

For gawd's sake don't cube it! :shock:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I wont let him cube it 8) If I have to go down and fetch it myself lol
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Anyone is welcome to the car. Its based at WR144AB so you guys can work out directions. I don't think I could bring myself to scrap it, but I really have being trying to shift it, for free, for over 5 months, and nothing has come of anything so far. My rent on the parking space runs out next month and I really cant afford to spend £75 a quarter keeping a car that I cant afford toi run as well as the CX, and dont have time or inclination to fix, because all my time for mechanics DIY is taken up by the CX while I sort it out. I can get it into a state for driving to a dummy MOT very easily, and will include a bottle of oil in the boot in case it leaks too much on the journey home. It has 4 almost new tyres, mint interior, and a mint body apart from the crack ion the bonnet tip and a slight scuff on one rear door. All it needs is the oil leak(s?) fixed, new brake pads, new cambelt cover, and the bonnet crack filling and painting again for cosmetics. Im sure someone would get it on Ebay, but there's no telling who will bid and for what reason, so it would be nice if someone could confirm a date for collection before the weekend.

Many thanks, Adam
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

hhmm, maybe Stuart Hedges could take it on as a temporary runaround till Snoopy's fixed, then offer it within the club????

Not that I'm trying to put words in people's mouths..

Dave, if you're interested, maybe I could give you a lift down when I return from Vanster's and we could have a bit of a go over it??
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

docchevron1472 wrote:hhmm, maybe Stuart Hedges could take it on as a temporary runaround till Snoopy's fixed, then offer it within the club????

Not that I'm trying to put words in people's mouths..

Dave, if you're interested, maybe I could give you a lift down when I return from Vanster's and we could have a bit of a go over it??
Wasn't Stuart going to take this GT on, before he "found" Snoopy?

Chris...now THAT is a great thought!!! I feel an attack of PM'ing coming on!!! :wink:

The car is actually a lot closer than I originally thought! For some reason I got the idea that it was down Southampton-way! :shock: Only around 2 hours up the M5/M6..........do you think it would make it, Adam? :wink:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Well... It sounds like a sound plan.

If the absolute worst comes to the worst we could build one good car out of the two - Adam's bodyshell with my bonnet, engine and box. A sort of 1.6 GT!

The downsides to this plan are that I don't have the skills to do it, nor any off-road space to keep both cars until the work's done.

Thoughts?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If it were me, the 19GT is much rarer than the TRS (Sorry stu)i Would use the body panels ffrom snoopy if its being broken to make the GT right again. I would leave the 1.9 engine in situ and fix the leaks.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I would MUCH prefer to see both Snoopy and the GT kept intact, with the necessary work done to keep 'em BOTH on the road!

No need to break a decent Mk 1, when it's repairable! Unless you're a Pugger! :wink:
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Hear, hear!

Mark.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Agreed absolutely! Just giving a worst-case scenario. We won't know if Snoopy's fixable or not until the good Doctor comes down to have a look.

With a bit of luck both cars can be saved. If not, we have a good source of correctly-coloured panels for the GT, and a spare engine and box if the oil leak(s) can't be fixed, or if the engine is scrap for whatever reason.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

PM sent Mountainman.

I did use this car for long trips and towards the time of the bump the oil leak was getting pretty bad, but I still made it to Bath/Bristol and back without stopping. As long as you stopped to check the level mid Journey it would be fine. The only reliability issue in terms of "will I get there" sorts, was the very rare cutting out after hard acceleration, but this hadn't happened for a few months prior to the crash, and definitely wasn't mechanical but was electrical somewhere.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Dave you could have that sorted pretty quick I think wih some of your know how.