BX INFO WANTED!

Anything about BXs
tim leech

BX INFO WANTED!

Post by tim leech »

I noticed in this months citreonian (CCC magazine) theres NO bx pages! :shock: This is due to lack of input about the BX from the members of the Ciroen Car Club, plus I still think theres some snobbery towards the mark but thats purely my opinion.

ANYWAY, im going to write something and pass it on to our bx-pert who helps write the column for said magazine our very own Mr Fearn, I know he would be very grateful for any input/pictures/stories you would have so this travesty doesnt happen again! :D

So get your pens out! :D
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Thanks for the support!

Our new member Charlotte has promised me an article as has Mr Leech.

Vanny has provided some cracking reports too (and has promised more!)

The deadline for the CRUCIAL september issue is the 25th of this month. September 1982 being the BX launch date hence it will be the true BX 25th Anniversary issue and we want to occupy as much of the mag as possible.

So anybody, please write me a story about you and your BX, send me pictures and text or just pictures or just text!

If i get the time i may pull out some old articles from years gone by, the BX10 Dommage article was interesting so i might re-write that.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lol i have lots of rubbish for you to fish through in my 11 years of ownership!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: BX INFO WANTED!

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote:I noticed in this months citreonian (CCC magazine) theres NO bx pages! :
I haven't even got mine yet!

Surely theres enough stories on this very forum you could use Ian?

I would cobble something together, but I have nothing interesting to say...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Ian_Fearn wrote:The deadline for the CRUCIAL september issue is the 25th of this month.
Er, um, the 25th has passed mate!?

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

docchevron1472 wrote:
Ian_Fearn wrote:The deadline for the CRUCIAL september issue is the 25th of this month.
Er, um, the 25th has passed mate!?
Whoops, i meant August! :oops:

Am going to nick your Phoenix from the flames thread Doc if thats OK with you?
Over and out from me
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Yeah, sure mate, although I imagine it's a fair few pages in to the forum by now.

Cant imagine too many people would be that interested TBH, but if you want any pics or the such I'll E-mail them to you.

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

docchevron1472 wrote:Cant imagine too many people would be that interested TBH
I reckon they would, it was a good read. I had to re read it after the Godmanchester show just to refresh myself with the 'before' pics!!!
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

It looks better in the pics than it does in the metal. I was never happy with the fit of the N/S/R wing, it'll come off again at some point and I'll do it properly..

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Yeah, I saw it at the show and noticed it (after you pointed it out!) Although it's not 'perfect' it's a hell of a lot better than it was and more importantly is usable.
But apart from that you wouldn't be able to tell.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

i've got both parts 3 and 4 of the series getting towards finished, and if i get some time over the next day or so i might even write some more. Actually part three has been finished for a while but no one reminded me to send it (Chris is normally good for that strangely engouh)
m_2975
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Post by m_2975 »

Ian,

I'll gladly write something about the BX's downunder if you wish.

What would you like to know about?

Would you like to know about my BX or an Aussie BX in general?
My family was a Citroen dealer here too so we know all there is to know about the Aussie BX.

Aussie BX's may look like most UK BX's but all of them got lots of "optional" stuff as standard.

Maybe you'd like something about the BX16Valves that raced Mount Panorama (Famous Aussie Racing Circuit) in the early 90's.

Let me know and i'll get cracking.
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
M

Post by M »

Sure I can coble something together - there is an article of mine on the BX in this months Original Tin magazine, actually there are a couple of articles of mine, on eon Fiesta ownership and in issue 4 there will be one about the ZX too.

Nick any of my stuff Ian and do what you want with it - even that bilge about the carbon clog print, just attribute it to Marty Hopkirk (deceased).