Broken window-arm in the door?

BX Tech talk
joolie
BXpert

Broken window-arm in the door?

Post by joolie »

My driver door window, clunks repetedly when its closed.

And it doesent close properly ever. I experience the joys of the wind blasting through the seal everywhere I go.

Someone once suggested that it was a broken window arm within the door.

A couple of years ago I was fixing the wingmirrors and cleaning up the trimming, I had a look inside, but saw nothing, and its not at all a practical place to start repairing.

Is it possible to fix this? or is it a full door swap?
'91 BX MkII 1769cc Turbo TZD Break

running on RME/SVO

IF it aInt BrOKe dON't trY 'n FIx iT.
thanuttiscotsman
BXpert

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey man,
ting can be fixed easy if you have patience + perseverence! i have recently changed doors and bits of doors and glass on my 16v's. i have plenty spare door bits so might have what you need in my garage, if you find out what you need i can give you a new bit. though it sounds like one of the runner wheels may have popped out. happened to me recently hence all the fiddling! anyway pop the door card off by takeing the screws out (under door handle + behind speaker cover) then unscrew door lock pop up bit etc and pull the card off, you will feel the clips round the edge after removing screws, just get your fingers as close as poss to them before popping them out and they shouldn't break! let me know,

cheers rossco :evil: :D :wink:
1989 BX 16v ph1 Chipped, k+N, full scorpion, weber throttle body, NOS 1990 BX 16v ph2
1996 transit 2.5di 80 swb
2006 Suzuki GSR 600cc Fast as F**K!
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Re: Broken window-arm in the door?

Post by Terry Brooks »

joolie wrote:My driver door window, clunks repetedly when its closed.

And it doesent close properly ever. I experience the joys of the wind blasting through the seal everywhere I go.
My BX suffered the same problem ......I cured it by buying two rubber door wedges and jamming them in between the glass and the bottom window surround ..........you need to lift the glass to get them in,but it stops the wind howling in my ear .......only prob is,that I cant completely close the window again if I open it whilst driving.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

It simply needs a new window mechanism. Can be changed in under an hour, once you have located the part. :?
They think it's all over, it is now!